Just checking in - 4 months post Chapter 7 discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in - 4 months post Chapter 7 discharge

As we continue our life, our (mine only, not wife) Chapter 7 has taught us to live more frugal and question every purchase we make.
    We are saving money monthly, something we couldn't do prior to our Chapter 7. We use my wife's 2x Citibank Mastercard for our purchases.

On advice from reading SHIPO's messages, I funded a TD Bank secure card for $500, as well as a Capitalone secure for $500. I also opened a Pedfed savings to be used for a SSL shortly. All this to start my rebuilding process.

Happy Independence Day to all!

Congratulations on the discharge and good stuff on the TDBank TDCash card. In my case, TDBank has treated me really well; my card graduated to unsecured after exactly six months from the date of my first charge. Of note, their documentation says you'll be eligible for a review for graduation "after your seventh statement", however, they cut that statement for the $29 annual fee the instant your account is opened; my recommendation is to pay that immediately and get it out of the way. When the card graduates to unsecured, a pro-rated portion of the fee will be credited to your account.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Congrats tg16 It's great to hear post BK discharge outcomes!
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X