Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 59 of 60. New poster long time stalker

Hi Folks,

Figured I would post and say how awesome this forum is and has been for my sanity going through this process. My wife and I are at month 59 of 60 and have 3 payments left (we split our payment into 2 payments per month since we had that option and our payment is large $3K +. There have been many times where I didn't think we would make it and coming here and reading the stories of folks pushing through has helped so much.

I swear my wife was out to sabotage us because she would blow through the budget and then get upset when I would explain that we can't do that. She entered into this with me and was not always willing to following the rules laid out.

Anyway what should I be paying attention to as we get close to end here? Are there things I need to do, fill out, etc?

Thanks for all your help!

Grimmel

Welcome and congratulations!

Is it safe to assume you've already finished your second financial management class?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

I know up-front there was a financial management class that my wife and I had to take which we did and then we needed to provide the certificates we received from said class to our lawyer before we could move forward with the C13. Is that what your referring to or is there another class that we need to be taking?

thanks

Comment

There are two classes, I did both up front before my Chapter 13, and then forgot I'd done the second and retook it just before my discharge last year. My attorney laughed at me when I sent the new certificate to her, "Dude, you did this like five years ago!"

Just make sure your attorney has proof of the second class or you won't get your discharge on schedule.

Once you do in fact get the coveted discharge, cool your heels for at least six weeks before rushing back into the credit market, you'll be glad you did.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

will we get an email or something indicating that we need to complete it or is it something I can do now before our final month is complete or how would I check to see if we already did it?

Comment

Originally posted by grimmel95 View Post
            will we get an email or something indicating that we need to complete it or is it something I can do now before our final month is complete or how would I check to see if we already did it?
            Other than asking your attorney, I'm not sure how you'd find out unless you kept all of your records from 2016. The other option is to spend the $25 and two hours, and do it again.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

Hi..I would speak to your attorney to get a list who offers the course. My attorney provided me a list. Congratulations for being at the end of your plan !!!
              Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I sent off an email to our attorney asking them what if anything we need to do to wrap things up.

Thank you very much. I must say it's been a roller coaster and not one I ever want to ride again!

Comment

Attorney's office already responded that my wife and I have already done both financial classes so there isn't anything for us to do. The attorney's office will be sending out a document next month for us to sign and return so the discharge can be entered.

I honestly can't believe we're at this point but thanks to everyone on this site for keep me sane.

Comment

Congratulations! I remember when I was at your point early last year. On advice from my attorney, the instant the payment for the penultimate month has been posted and the due date has passed, make your full final month payment. Once the final payment is made, even if it is over three weeks prior to the final due date, the Trustee can submit the necessary paperwork for the discharge. In my case my monthly due date was the 29th of each month, I mailed my final payment that day and it got there and was posted three days later on the first. A couple of days later I got a letter from the Trustee with the following language:
                    The above-captioned Debtor has fully complied with his payment obligations pursuant to the Order Confirming his Plan, has filed the Financial Management Course Certificate, and has filed his Affidavit of Compliance With Discharge Requirements, and is entitled to a discharge pursuant to 11 U.S.C. ยง 1328(a).

A month to the day after the date of that letter I got my notification of discharge; had I waited until near my final due date to make my last payment I would have been in pins and needles for over three more weeks for that coveted bit of news.
                    Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X