Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UST Request/Response Timeframes

341 on 8/21. UST questions due by 8/24 (submitted on 8/19). New UST follow-up questions request on 9/17. Does the UST have to respond within a timeframe... or can they just keep coming back at any time up to the 60 days? Not too worried because we have nothing to hide. But... frustrated with ongoing questions.

They have to meet the deadlines for objecting, but no limit on when or how often they can ask for info until the deadline. In my case, I was selected for an audit and they came back 3 times for information. Despite them misinforming the panel trustee regarding a business account and creating some drama, I still made it to discharge in 60 days.

Comment

Thanks rollingover. They’ve come at me twice now... we’ll see if I have to face round three. I too have a small LLC where I file on personal Schedule C with IRS, but they are asking questions as if it’s a big company with receivables, etc. There’s nothing there, but they are being thorough, for sure.

Comment

[QUOTE=RollingOver;n1028185]They have to meet the deadlines for objecting, but no limit on when or how often they can ask for info until the deadline.

What are these deadlines (from 341 meeting going forward)? I've read so many conflicting timelines.

We filed 4 weeks ago as a no asset case, but other than finding out we may now be an asset case and the trustee has hired an attorney (himself!), we have heard nothing. We have an attorney who also has no news for us.

Comment

The UST has 10 days after your 341 to file the presumption of abuse objection. If they don't file that one, they can still file an objection on the totality of circumstances before your discharge date (60 days post 341). If you are in an audit situation, they have 21 days to complete it, but that 21 days resets everytime they make another information request. In any case they have to complete the audit before the 60 day post 341 deadline unless they file for an extension, which will be granted in almost every case. They kept me on the hook until the bitter end.

Comment

Thank you RollingOver. This waiting is so stressful. Our attorney keeps saying not to worry. "No news is good news" isn't calming the nerves!
            When you are in an audit situation are you notified they are conducting one? We are day 20.

Comment

You will definitely know if you are in an audit situation. The UST will notify your attorney and then the audit company swoops in. It's really not as bad as it sounds, but it is another chance for something to go sideways. In my case they came back with a finding of "material misrepresentation". But it was already corrected before the audit started so the UST did not take any action. It was a simple oversight but sounds bad when the report comes back.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X