ATM withdrawals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM withdrawals?

Is the trustee going to question small ATM withdrawals, let's say $300 every two weeks?

This is coming from my savings. Am I going to need to prove where I spent the money??

TBH, some of it will be going to life necessaries, the rest of it will be going to entertainment really....I've been spending $10 a day on food, besides fuel/utilities/ and maybe $60-80 on the weekends going out with friends that's my spending the month.

I've been reading I could actually be hurting my bankruptcy by spending so little I could be forcing a BK13...

I just got a two large envelopes. In one i put every receipt post filing as they came along. An in the other all receipts laying about pre filing. Then I spent my money on the bare necessities and stayed in the bunker

Comment

No. Nobody is going to care at such small amounts.

I did keep receipts because I had aggressive high expenses such as pets and home maintenance and was challenged for almost all of it. We preemptively submitted the receipts before being asked for them. Normal people probably have nothing to worry about and don't need receipts, especially if around median income or below.

Comment

I agree. My trustee really only cared about how much personal property I had. They came up with a figure based on that, with a few additions/subtractions based on what was considered "exempt" vs "non exempt" from the proceeding. In Florida, one's primary residence is fully "exempt." The first $1000.00 of your primary vehicle is also exempt. Some of the different categories of personal property (furnishings, clothing, electronics, etc. etc.) had proportional exempt amounts. Thing is, my trustee ended up not caring about any of that. He did take my car, which was easier for him to auction off. Other than that, he basically wanted an "all cash" settlement. This way, I'd be responsible for selling/auctioning anything I might have to sell, to pay off the cash settlement, and not he. I conceded the $1000 exempt value of the car, which reduced the all cash settlement even more. In the end, and with the value of the car, he then allowed me to pay the balance in 3 monthly installments, as arranged by and thanks to my BK atty. Apparently, I did get a reasonable trustee. My understanding is, it could have been a lot worse.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X