Taking money out from the joint bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking money out from the joint bank account

This is non consumer debt case so mean test does not apply. If a couple has a joint account and only wife is filing for the chpater-7, can the husband take most of cash out of the account and invest/spend on something else to it does not become the part of the estate?

You want to make sure you are not trying to hide assets of the bankruptcy estate. Since it is joint you will need to disclose it. Whether or not it is completely exempt is a question of law and I can't answer that.

From your questions, you should pick out 3-5 attorneys that offer free consultations. I say this because you will need an attorney to navigate through the complexities that you mentioned. Since you also mentioned fraud in most of your posts, I would be circumspect in withdrawing large amounts of money from a joint account so as to remove it from the reach of the trustee. Especially since fraud is already in the equation.

Retain an attorney. Use the money from that account to retain said attorney... of course after asking the attorney if this is a good use of the money!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X