Federal Trustee and means test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Trustee and means test

I'm still waiting for the bankruptcy trustee to make a recommendation. Been over a month now. Today I got notice from my attorney that the Federal Trustee wants 2 pages of info. Anyone ever have to deal with this? I really think they want us to go into a 13 (how, I have no clue). BUT besides all that, when I had to gather info for him I made a mistake on 2 of my figures on schedule J. Really won't matter to the bottom line much 'cause I'm still in the negative but will they throw my case out? I'm a nervous wreck over this. The other thing is they want me to "prove" my contributions. I have a lot of check stubs but we haven't always written checks out. We (lots of times) give money every week instead of a check. Any advice on that?

Thanks so much for your support. I really really need it!!!!

If you're talking about cash Church contributions,.......... Do you use a "Tithe" or "Gift" envelope. I've attended Churches that use those. They have lines on the outside for the Contributor to write their name and such. If you use those envelopes, the Church will have a record of your Cash contributions. You can get a Statement from the Church.

If it's another type of Organization, they may keep similar records. When I've worked for Charitable Organizations such as PTA or Little League, I've kept a carbonless copy receipt book. When a person or business makes a donation of any kind, I give the Donor the "original" and I keep the "carbon copy". Maybe there's records like that for you.

Just a couple of thoughts to maybe help you out, Sophie.

Fingers crossed and praying for you that all goes well.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by sophie View Post
      We (lots of times) give money every week instead of a check. Any advice on that?

Thanks so much for your support. I really really need it!!!!
      Sophie,

If you give weekly, just tell the Trustee that this is your weekly contribution and give him what check stubs you have. Tell him the other donations were cash. I would think you'll be fine (no expert). We had to provide a lot of information to the U.S. trustee about our business and our credit cards, when we charged stuff, what our debt was a year ago, and my husband just provided a detailed statement with back up documentation where we had it and just our testimony where we didn't have it.

The request for information came shortly after our 341 and we are now past the sixty day window. I suspect you will be fine. Try not to worry and be wise-honest with the trustee. Honest, but making sure you include all positive data. If you have an attorney he or she can review it before the trustee gets your information.

Faith

Comment

Maybe you can provide them with a log of the dates that you made your cash contributions. I guess it depends on the amount. If you put a 20 dollar bill in the plate every sunday, I don't see how they can question that, however it you are claiming to have put a 100 dollar bill that might be a different story.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X