bank of america

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bank of america

My chpt 7 was discharged and closed as of July 06. I had a credit card that was linked to Bank of America that was included in my bk, I still currently have a checking account with Bofa. After I filed Bofa took my cc account off my online banking (this was back in oct 05) and I haven't had access to it since. Today I logged on and suddenly it's back?! I still can't click on it to see the account activity, but the discharged balance is showing on my account summary page! Does this mean that somehow they are counting it as a still valid debt or is this some computer glitch? Has anyone experienced something like this? I just recently opened a cc, but it was through Jupiter which as far as I know is not affiliated with Bofa.

Originally posted by newday View Post
    My chpt 7 was discharged and closed as of July 06. I had a credit card that was linked to Bank of America that was included in my bk, I still currently have a checking account with Bofa. After I filed Bofa took my cc account off my online banking (this was back in oct 05) and I haven't had access to it since. Today I logged on and suddenly it's back?! I still can't click on it to see the account activity, but the discharged balance is showing on my account summary page! Does this mean that somehow they are counting it as a still valid debt or is this some computer glitch? Has anyone experienced something like this? I just recently opened a cc, but it was through Jupiter which as far as I know is not affiliated with Bofa.
    First, you did list this cc on your Ch 7 list of creditors, right?

What does your current credit report show as the status for this debt? IIB, discharged, something else?
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Only way to find out for sure is to call BoA and ask. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Probably just a computer thing... they forgot to clear it out of the system when it was written off.
      Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
      341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
      Discharge: 1/12/07
      Closed:1/19/07

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X