old statements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old statements

After our discharge can I get rid of my old CC statements? Since there were never any big ticket purchasesI wouldn't need the protection of paying by CC. I also haven't used any of them since Feb 2006. I have a big black garbage bag with about 3 years worth of statements I would like to get rid of.
    Dena Ch 7 (Joint)
    FILED Oct 23 2006
    341 meeting Nov 16 2006 DONE!!!!

You are lucky

You still have them. I wish I did!! Since I never thought I'd file BR and I have throw away disease I burned mine in the fireplace!!! I went over my statements double checking and trashed them! I do most of my paying and banking online and went paperless a year ago besides that. Now I have to figure out how to get them all.
    I hate clutter, its a disease of another extreme caused by living in a small space with a huge family growing up. My mother kept everything and I became crazy from it all!!! I toss anything I can or rehome it If I dont need it. My husbands even worse.
    Whatamess!!!
    ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
    WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
    PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

I suffer from paranoia about all things BK.

Personally, I'd hang onto them for a couple of years, at least. I might even hang onto them forever. My luck, I toss them in the garbage one week and get a call from the Trustee's office the next.

We only have about a year's worth or so and I'm hanging onto those. They are in the BK folder with all the other docs and that's where they're gonna stay.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

PLUS, if you ever get an IRS audit it will work as proof of certain deductions.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I would have a nice little campfire with them.

Comment

You never know when you might need them! I have to keep mine for gambling purposes. As far as On Line statements, you can usually view past statements, if the cc site has that capability, I was able to view most of mine (even though I didn't go paperless), plus you can request previous statements so many years back!

Catchmeifyoucan
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Don't throw them away yet! I did that and now I'm sorry and paying the price!

I'm working on cleaning up my credit. Some of my OC's are reporting lates befoe the BK when there were NO lates. One is even claiming they charged off the account 5 months before we filed. Some of them are reporting incorrect balances, etc. BOA changed the account number after BK, so now they are reporting the same account TWICE with different account numbers.

We were current on every thing when we filed and the only way I can (could have) prove that was to have the credit card statements.

Keep those statements - they will be useful in credit clean up/repair. AND if you ever get a zombie debt collector (and it happens, sometimes 10 years later) trying to collect on one of those, you'll have your last statement and your BK paperwork to show it was included, what the account number was, and how much was actually owed.

Comment

I don't have ANY of my CC statements. I did everything online and never thought I'd be in a BK situation and lose access to my online CC accounts and not have access to my statements. I'm so screwed if they want copies of them. So far my lawyer hasn't requested them but I'm worried the trustee might and then I don't know what I will do.
                Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
                TU: 535

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X