top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 tomorrow afternoon, getting nervous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow afternoon, getting nervous!

My 341 is tormorrow and my nerves are showing up. I think everything will go ok. I called the trustee to find out exactly what they want. He left a message saying tax retruns, ID's and 60 days bank statements.

Do they generally even look at the bank statements? My statements are all online and of course my printer broke 4 days ago. The new printer will be here tomorrow -hopefully before I have to go so I can print them out.

What would happen if I didn't take the bank statements with me? I guess I could offer to email them to him. But I feel it is better not to ask and just wait until them meeting and explain then if i have too.

Anyone have any ideas what I should do?

Well, if your trustee said what to bring, then do whatever you have to to get those documents together. That aside, many of us have never had the trustee ask to see that stuff at the hearing (even though it's requested), but it's better to be safe, than sorry. Are you able to go to a friend's or family members house this evening and print out what you need?

If you don't have the documents, and the trustee asks for them, I'm sure he/she would be willing to wait a day or two for you to get them to him/her, but don't even let that happen. Do whatever you can. ;-)
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Well if you wanted to be safe, you might could run by the bank real quick in the morning assuming there is time before you have your meeting and ask them for the print outs, they'll be happy to give them to you. Good luck to you by the way!
      "Try to save money. Someday it may be valuable again." - Anonymous

Comment

We gave our last 2 bank statements and most recent paystubs to our attny when we signed our petition. The attny already had our income taxes on file.

The things you're being asked for were submitted by our attny with our BK paperwork in advance of our 341. Those items are required. So be sure to take what you were told to bring with you. You'll have to turn them over to the Trustee at the 341.

I don't know if they look at the bank statements, but the Trustee definitely looked at our tax returns at our 341.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

If you have them with you he might just glance and give them back. If you have to send them in then they are on his desk in front of him for him to STUDY if he decides to. Go to kinko's or a friends house and have them with you so you don't have to send them in later!!!
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

or print them out at the library...
            Filed CH7 - 10/13/05;
            341 Meetings: 11/28/05, 3/20/06, 12/4/07 (3d time's a charm!)
            Converted: 2/15/06 (to CH13), 10/15/07 (Back to CH7)
            DISCHARGED: 2/15/08

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I did call the bank and they printed them for me -no hassles!

The trustee kept them though . But he did with all the cases before me also. I, of course, was the last one called but there were only 4 others in m group. Was only there 30 minutes and it took 2-3 minutes when it was my turn with the trustee. I was getting nervous because 2 of the others before me -he told them he was going to take their refund when they got one after January. Last year we had a BIG refund but since I am not working it was all husband's earnings. We did not file together. All the trustee asked about taxes was if it was all husband's earnings I said yes. He said ok. Thanks and that was it! SO hopefully all is good. Thanks to all here who have helped me be prepared for this meeting and bk in general.

Comment

Sounds like you had a standard, no-nonsense 341 meeting, quick and painless. Now you need to wait 60 days to get your discharge. Honestly, the toughest part of the Bk is behind, getting all the paperwork, preparing the petition and attending the 341 meeting. It's pretty much all down hill from here.

If there were going to be any issues or hang-ups, the trustee probably would have mentioned something at the 341.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X