Panic attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic attack!

I just had a really big panic attack this morning when I looked at my bank account online and my paycheck that was deposited yesterday was GONE! It was there yesterday and then not there and my bank showed a negative balance. I thought I was going to get sick. I was afraid that my lawyer had filed my BK on my payday and that's why the money was gone. It was too early to call the bank so I had to wait an hour and worry.

I checked PACER and was relieved to see that my BK isn't on there yet. I came to my senses enough to realize that there was no way the trustee took anything out of my account yesterday afternoon. The only other explanation was that it was a bank glitch.

Mysteriously, a little after 8 AM I checked my balance online again and my deposit was back in there. I've decided that my bank is evil and I'm so glad I'm changing banks. I opened an account at a different bank a few weeks ago and I'm in the process of switching my direct deposits to it. Unfortunately for me my employer requires direct deposit.

Anyway, I finally figured out what happened. Yesterday my deposit showed up as a memo posting. Over the night the bank updated my online account info and it only showed transactions posted to the close of business on the 28th. This morning it updated again and showed my paycheck. I've never had that happen before. I have direct debits that come out of my checking account and all I could think of was all this stuff would come through my bank and I'd end up with hundreds of dollars in overdraft fees.

I don't need any more stress this week! I have reached my official stress limit

niteflytes
    Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
    TU: 535

Glad it was just a glitch. That would truly not be the beginnings to a fun weekend (overdraft charges). You can relax now, lol
    Filed: 08/09/06
    341: 09/18/06
    Discharged: 11/22/06
    Closed 11/30/06

Comment

Originally posted by niteflytes View Post
      I don't need any more stress this week! I have reached my official stress limit
      Glad to hear that your missing deposit was due to the way the bank posts....whew! I'm sure that was quite a relief!

As far as reaching your official stress limit...well, every time I've reached mine, something else always seems to crop up. Amazing how I can stretch even further when there's no choice but to suck it up and keep moving forward! Sure hope things calm down for you, nite - hang in there!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

We had a similar occurance with our bank recently, Nite. A bunch of Debits were there one afternoon and gone the next day. We later found out the bank was updating their systems so accts reporting was off for a day or 2.

Whether it's money coming in, or money that supposed to be gone, it's scarey when you are wondering if your Bank can post properly!
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I'm happy to report that the rest of my day has been much better. After my morning scare I actually enjoyed spending most of the day in a meeting! LOL

niteflytes
          Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
          TU: 535

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X