341 yesterday and survived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 yesterday and survived

Had my 341 meeting yesterday and I survivied! It was painless and quick. I'm so relieved to have it behind me. There were only about 6 filers there including me. Most of the lawyers, mine included, showed up late. The trustee was all business-like and efficient but pleasant and polite to everyone. He asked everyone the same questions except this one couple who was filing because of their business going under. The trustee was very sympathetic to them because they had been in the tire recycling business for years and then IDEM (Indiana Dept. of Enviromental Mgt) came down on them and forced them out of business because they couldn't meet IDEM's requirements becuase of the unreasonable time limits they were given. The trustee seemed to genuinely feel bad for this couple and he didn't have any nice words about IDEM.

I don't know if this is standard in other places, but we were all told to dress business-like, we couldn't take in cell phones, nail clippers, nail files along with the more obvious things like knives and guns.

Since I'm reaffirming my house and car I will be having a reaffirmation hearing next...right?
    Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
    TU: 535

Glad to hear your 341 went well - now begins the countdown!!

In regards to your reaffirmation, I know for ours we just needed to sign the papers and our attorney takes care of filing and dealing with the court. It could be different in your area though.
    Filed Paperwork - 11/9/06
    341 Hearing - 1/10/07 DONE!
    Estimated Discharge Date - 3/11/07

Comment

Congratulation. Another step forward, toward a better future.

I remember when you first came here.

My attorney has been going over with me what the trustee will ask. I got so sick of hearing it over and over again. I told her that there is no need to prep me. lol It will be the same set of facts and I only have one set of answers, no matter how or what they want to ask me.

I will find out when exactly my 341 will be, sometime next week.

Comment

Originally posted by niteflytes View Post
        Had my 341 meeting yesterday and I survivied! ... Since I'm reaffirming my house and car I will be having a reaffirmation hearing next...right?
        It's such a relief to have the 341 over and done with, isn't it? Great to hear that yours went well, niteflytes!

The new bk law now states that the debtor must understand what they are getting into when they sign a reaffirmation agreement - thus the choice in many districts to have an actual face-to-face hearing with the debtor before the court will accept the agreement. From what I've read about others who have been through the hearing, it's pretty routine. Did your lawyer tell you that there would be a reaffirmation hearing in your case?
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

lrprn - My lawyer doesn't tell me much of anything so I'm going to have to leave a message with the receptionist asking if there will be a reaffirmation hearing and hope I get a reply.

Spartan - My lawyer never even mentioned the 341 meeting. I had to ask about it. They did send me a list of questions to review but that was the only prep I had. While we were waiting for the 341 to start I was chatting with another woman there and shared my list of questions with her because she never got any info from her lawyer.
          Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
          TU: 535

Comment

yike! I am glad you made it out ok. There may be a logic to the madness. They don't prep you because the presumption is, you ARE to answer everything based on the truth and facts, which of course you already know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X