top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I plan to file asap and have used about 1k credit in last 90 days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan to file asap and have used about 1k credit in last 90 days.

Is that a problem will they call it fraud and cancel the whole case for that or would I simply have to pay back the amount I used in last 90 days?
    Chapter 7 Filed 10/17/07
    341 mtg. 11/15/07
    Discharged 2/19/08
    Closed on 2/26/08

You'll just have to pay that amount back - but only if the purchases were for "luxury goods and services" or if your creditor proves actual fraud. Either way, there has to be a motion to determine discharge of a particular debt filed in the bankruptcy court by each of the creditors involved if they want to make you pay them back. If there's no such motion made before discharge, you don't have to worry about paying them back.

You probably don't have to worry about denial of your entire discharge just for making charges within 90 days of filing - the fraud that causes that is worse (e.g. lying on credit applications, hiding property).
    DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney. My posts are not legal advice. They are for information only. Please feel free to use them in an academic sense, as I simply wish to share with you what I have learned/researched.

Comment

$1000 seems to be the 'tipping point' for some creditors - under that they won't do anything, over that they might. Since you took the money within 90 days of filing, the burden of proving you didn't fraudently take the money knowing you were going to file bk will be up to you. When did you first consult with your bk attorney?
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I wiped out $10,000 on one credit card in less than a month in APRIL 06. I filed in JULY of 06. I wouldn't sweat $1000.

Best Wishes, Catchmeifyoucan !
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

LOL catchmeifyoucan . Yeah i figure I haven't even stopped paying them yet of course I don't have cash I just payed my yearly sales tax . My car is broken down and gas prices are through the roof . I really don't have cash right now, so I just hope they are fair about it.
          Chapter 7 Filed 10/17/07
          341 mtg. 11/15/07
          Discharged 2/19/08
          Closed on 2/26/08

Comment

The one thing I did and wish I hadn't was throw good money after the bad (as they say in here). I guess cuz I always used my card for gambling I didn't want any fraud to arise so I always kept up at least my minimums until the month I decided to file.

Best Wishes, CMIYC
            Last edited by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN; 04-06-2007, 08:00 PM. Reason: misspelling
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X