Good grief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief

Ok... Took lawyers advise and no longer working.. this sux worked all my life and have to figure out what to do for the 6*8 months. But here is the kicker... Hubby comes home today and tells me he purchased a couch and loveseat because ours is in dire shape. Now we won't be filing for about 7 months will the trustee want to see these charges.. I have paid the bills for this month except the house payment. We are surrendering the house.. am I going to jail. by the way the furniture can not be returned .
    Filing January 08.

When a mistake becomes a lesson was it really a mistake?

There is no Debtor Jail ! ! !
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I know... that was just my way of asking how will they look for this and what should I do.. Since I am going to make next month payment I hope can they kick this out because of the purchase...
      Filing January 08.

Comment

return furniture

Comment

Of course, we all know not every case is the same, but for what it is worth....
          I didn't have the option to pre-plan, so I used the cards up until the day I retained attorney #1. I also purchased a new sofa, on credit, just a few months before I filed. I was concerned that the creditor would object (this wasn't our only use of the card) but they didn't object, as the last day for objections was yesterday. YEAH!!!

So you may be safe, but it depends on the trustee.
          I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

hey guys thanks for the info... Cards are cut up...
            Filing January 08.

Comment

I too purchased new furniture on amex and was never able to make even one payment. If you don't mind me asking, how much did he spend? If it wasn't a major amount then it may not matter.
              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I'm guessing anything you do before you file is always a risk, as I wiped out $10,000 within 3 months of filing BK due to gambling (I had only paid $100 towards the cc by the time I filed). No objections. Whether small or big, whether you used your cc for a cash advance, a luxury good, a vacation, furniture whatnot it is all up to the Trustee and or Creditor to file an objection. One may really never know. I've read certain creditors on here have even objected to as little as $1000!

Good Luck, CMIYC
                July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
                Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
                Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
                Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Well he spent about 1000.00 but to only make things worse is that I started having a major tooth ache and had to have 2 root canals.. totalling over 1500.00 dental insurance is worthless.. Guess if they want they can have the crown back... I was going to get them pulled but they were to close to the front. Bad enough going bankrupt but I don't want to look like it.
                  Filing January 08.

Comment

Man I maxed out everything I had before my BK. Waited months before I filed and never heard a peep.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X