What Happens Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happens Next?

I had my 341 on Feb. 3rd it's now April 30th soon to be MAY.
    Everything thing went well during the 341 except the trustee was intrested
    in two vehicles one was my 1999 s10 which is paid for and the mazda my ex wife took with her, its in my name. He said they would be contacting me about looking at the vehicles. Well, they never have as of yet. My attorney
    called today on the voice mail saying the bank on the car the ex has was wanting me to release the title so the wife could get it financed in her name.
    Evidently she cant buy it while its soley in my name yet she got it LOL....
    Any who the question I have is what comes next? My 341 was Febuary 3rd 2007.......... they trustee hasnt called me about any of the vehicles liek he said he was. HOw long before I get discharged?

TIA
    Ice
    Thanks,

Chris

Did the attorney say it was okay to do this? I would think that you would have to keep everything in your name (as it was at filing) until it was closed...... of course, I've been wrong before...
    3/27/07: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO (hers/his) 450/477
    5/10/07: 341 Meeting DONE! Trustee's Report of No Distribution Filed
    7/04/07: FICOs going up! Credit report cleanup (hers/his) 540/536
    7/10/07: DISCHARGED! 8/27/07: CLOSED!

Comment

Yeah the attorney basically said I should do this. I guess because if the ex refinances the car after I release the title then the bank doesnt lose any money. I guess it works out like I sold the car. But yep the attorney asked if I would do that I said yes then he says good Ill call the bank and lket them know you'll be down in the morning to sign. How long before this thing is over?
      I had the 341 on Feb. 3rd. I cant remember if its 60 days or 90 days.
      Thanks,

Chris

Comment

When you file Ch 7 BK, you establish a BK Estate that exists for 180 days, or until the Trustee is done with you.

Since the car is an asset of the BK Estate, I wouldn't do anything with transferring the Title until you've been cleared and are good to go.

Have you thought about getting a PACER acct and checking on your case?? See where things stand??

http://www.bankruptcyforum.com/showthread.php?t=1011

If you use a Debit Card when you register you can get immediate access to look up your case. You can use your SSN or your Case # to access your file.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
          When you file Ch 7 BK, you establish a BK Estate that exists for 180 days, or until the Trustee is done with you.

Since the car is an asset of the BK Estate, I wouldn't do anything with transferring the Title until you've been cleared and are good to go.
          True.
          But if she got it because of a divorce decree, then it is outside the BK.
          BK can't touch things that have been set out in divorce decrees before the BK started.
          7/01/10 - filed!
          11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

You cannot change ownership of ANYTHING in BK without the permission of the trustee. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole, especially since the trustee mentioned looking that assett.
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X