moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving

OK so my husband and I have been looking for a bigger apartment since ours is a small 2 bedroom and we are now a family of 4. It worked before the baby but now we have NO room.

So my Aunt is renting out her house. A very large 3/4 bedroom house for $500 a month. Just a hundred more than what we pay now for our apartment. She said we can move in later this month after the new roof is on, and the carpets get clean.

We are also set to have our 341 meeting this month. Should I call and tell our attorney about moving now, or can it wait till after the meeting since we will probably move the following weekend?

Thanks!!!
    3/30/07 Petition signed
    5/21/07 341 Meeting
    7/20/07 Last day for Objections
    7/25/07 DISCHARGED 7/30/07 CLOSED

Hey There!

Congrats on finding a new place!!!

My dh and I found an apartment,2 bd rm,he has a daughter that visits, and its pretty nice.....

unfortunately, we moved becuase we are giving up our home in BK,and its currently in foreclosure. It was a nightmare finding an apartment,we live in IL, and the critera to be approved was credit of 550 or better,no foreclosure,no defualts,and no BK. we had poor credit and were 30 days late on mortgage at the time... I must have told our story to about 18 people. Some where happy i was honest and upfront otheres where,sorry we cant help you... so at last we found a place that were more understanding and here we are!!!

so i guess you are lucky you didnt have to go through that

anyhow good luck
    amc25

Comment

Thanks, we really lucked out. We couldn't buy a house this big for less than $1300 a month. And we've looked at smaller houses to rent for much more. I guess it's always a good thing to rent from family that wants to help.
      3/30/07 Petition signed
      5/21/07 341 Meeting
      7/20/07 Last day for Objections
      7/25/07 DISCHARGED 7/30/07 CLOSED

Comment

I wouldn't tell anyone. Go to your 341 and get that done. Then Move. Then file a change of address w/ the post office, and after a couple of months - you can tell your lawyer if you want to.

Comment

Just be sure EVERYONE has your current address. It is very important during BK that you get ALL of your mail. I'm not sure if the court allows forwarding service. Banks, for example do not forward bank statements even with the address being changed at the post office.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X