Need to add a creditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to add a creditor

I had my 341 exactly a month ago, it went well and my trustee filed a notice of no assets and asked to be removed from the case (on pacer). I just realized I have a creditor that was not listed, with the amount of $89. It was for a doctor visit which occurred just a couple of weeks before I filed, and I didn't even think to include it. I believe I am required to go back and amend my filing to include this creditor? What are the consequences of doing so (i.e. will this push back my discharge date, cause it to go back to the trustee for further review, etc.)? Any insight will be appreciated. Thank you!

It'll cost you a $26 filing fee to amend your Creditor's Matrix. Plus additional attny's fee if you used an attny to file BK. Many attnys charge approx a $50 fee to amend a Creditor's Matrix.

You could just work out a payment plan with the Dr.'s office and pay the bill after your BK is Discharged. It'll probably come out about the same, price wise.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

OR you can fax the Dr. Office a copy of your discharge paperwork and they usually will not blink at removing the debt.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X