has anybody .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anybody .....

Has anyone ever been sort of reinstated with a company you bankrupted in the past?
    CH. 7 Filed 4/4/07 done DISCHARGED AND CASE CLOSED 7/10/07 approved auto loan 3/082005 ford escape 14500
    all cc balances paid in full after transactions credit report disputes raised fico 25 points fico 8/07 448 fico 4/08 595

"Sort of reinstated"? Are you asking if someone has gotten new credit from a company that had been included in a bankruptcy?

If you are, then a company that lost money to you through bankruptcy typically will not give you new credit until your Ch 7 bankruptcy disappears off your credit record in ten years (or seven years for a successfully completed Ch 13). Some credit card companies are well-known to never give you credit again (AmEx). I'm not saying it never happens - it has - but it's very unusual.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Many of the subprime lenders will lend you new credit even if you bk'ed on them, as long as you meet their qualifications. I think cap one, hsbc, and juniper fall into this category. However it doensn't mean all are re-accepted.

Some of the prime banks will blacklist you for life, like amex that lrprn mentioned, and citi.

Comment

Personally I never want to touch a credit card again and hope I get blakclisted. I cannot stand amex.

Comment

Originally posted by ciacbw View Post
          Personally I never want to touch a credit card again and hope I get blakclisted. I cannot stand amex.
          AmEx is the one I miss the most. They were good to me, too bad I screwed them.
          I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

Originally posted by Granny View Post
            AmEx is the one I miss the most. They were good to me, too bad I screwed them.
            Doesn't matter. They would have shut you down either way.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X