341 is tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 is tomorrow

and I'm absolutely about ready to puke. It's scheduled for late in the day. I don't know if that has any significance or not. I'm taking the day off so I can be OCD all morning, and after lunch. This is sadistic I know. Probably should have taken the day off after.

I will probably smoke about 100 cigarettes between the time I wake up, and until time for meeting.

Anyway...thanks to all for great advice thus far on this board, and for helping me stay sane and educated.

Wish me luck?

Relax, there is nothing you can do about it until tomorrow afternoon and it should be a non event.

Good luck and let us know.....

Logan

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

You'll be fine. Yes it would be beneficial to have a meeting first thing in the morning so you're not dreading it all day, but its really no big deal I promise you.

Comment

You'll be fine, it will be over in a blink of an eye. Just watch, you'll come back to the forum saying "WOW!" My 341 meeting was for the morning, well we all had the financial class starting at 8-9am for 2 1/2 hrs with the trustee and his assistants. Than we were scheduled accordingly to meet individually with the trustee. The waiting was a killer, but what can you do!

BEST OF LUCK, CatchMeIfYouCan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Good Luck
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Update on 341 today

It started out a nightmare. I gave myself over an hour to arrive. Turns out courthouse where my 341 was being held is under construction. One way streets...and private parking about 8 blocks away. Other half is driving, stressing out, and swearing, and meanwhile I'm swearing back. She dumps me out at parking garage 8 blocks away screaming at me to run! (as I only had 15 minutes to find my attorney and the meeting room....) while she goes to find a place to park. So I run trying to beat the clock ...it's 94 degrees outside so I get to the lobby of the court sweating like a farm animal, and I'm dumping my stuff into the security bins. Get past security...no locations, not "you are here signs" .....arrgh.....where am I supposed to go?

I finally found a security guy who rode up on the elevator with me and pointed me in the right direction.

I get there, found quite a few stoney faced people, and asked if they knew where room bladda dada was.

Absolutely freaked..I'm reading the glass petiton case to see where I need to be...about 30 seconds later my attorney (who has been looking for me) appears.

To all who posted previous....your replies on this experience were dead on. Once I got into the meeting room with the trustee it went very quick. Took about 3 minutes. Trustee was very very proffesional. in questions...but did stop to ask me if I was nervous to which I replied "very nervous sir" at which point he gave me a small smile, and told me to take a deep breath, and relax.

Once we were done with the 341 I went out into hallway breathing a hugh sigh of relief.

My attorney told me afterwords" you came across so nervous that I was nervous just watching you." .At which point she advised that I go have a cigarette or drink or both. DW promptly drove me to a local place we hang out at , and bought me a margarita.

Now nothing left but await the discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by desperation View Post
                My attorney told me afterwords" you came across so nervous that I was nervous just watching you." .At which point she advised that I go have a cigarette or drink or both. DW promptly drove me to a local place we hang out at , and bought me a margarita.
                LOL! All's well that ends well - glad you survived the experience, D! Welcome to the 60-day club - may the days go quickly and quietly for you!
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Don't feel bad, Desperation. I did the OCD thing in advace of the actual hearing day. Went to find the Court House. Couldn't find it. Then looked it up on line.

Next trip, I finally found the Court House. Wound up driving the wrong way on a "One Way" street. Guy on the street corner shouts at me, "Well the sign said One Way and that's what you were doing." We both had a good laugh.

Then another trip to scope out the parking situation. We wound up parking several blocks away and walking in the rain. Not the most stellar day of my life either.

Every body has their own war story about the 341. While you're in the midst of it. And then you realize, it really wasn't so bad after all.

Congrats. Prop up your feet. And wait out your 60 days!
                  Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                  Discharged - 12/2006
                  Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                  Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X