paystubs 6 months prior to filing for means test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paystubs 6 months prior to filing for means test

For the caculation of the 6 months gross income, does anyone think it is 6 months of paystubs received? Or income earned?

For example lets say the 6 months period is Jan 2007 through June 2007. The first stub received in January was probably for income earned in December 2006, and the first stub in July 2007 is actually for income earned for the last half of June 2007.

Yep. It has to be 6 month's worth of pay stubs. Doesn't matter that income during the first of the year was earned in the previous year. Or income shown on the July pay stub was actually earned in June.

Think about people who filed in the early months of the year. A portion to most of their pay stubs came from the previous year.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

yep, its definitely that date on the paycheck. Same goes for taxes. You get taxed in the year you get paid.
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Paystubs need to be submitted?

Do I need to submit copies of my paystubs from the previous 6 months with my BK forms to the court?
        None

Comment

No you don't submit those as far as I know. However you will want to put them in a nice safe place. That way if the Trustee asks for them, you will have them handy to send copies to him.
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X