balances on Schedule F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

balances on Schedule F

When I listed my balances owed to non-priority unsecured creditors, I used the most recent statement that I had from those creditors (May 2007).
    They normally mail me every 45-60 days (a flood of statements). I also checked my credit report in early June to compare the balances with the statements.
    I'm sure more interest, late fees, overlimit fees, etc are going to be added from my balances in the last 30 days before filing.
    When these debts are discharged, are they only discharged for the amount listed on Schedule F? Or am I discharged for the total debt with that creditor on day of discharge?
    Does the Trustee verify the balances from my creditors?
    None

So long as there are no luxury charges in the last 90 days, then whatever the balance is for the account is discharged irregardless of what Schedule F says from my understanding.

I'm not sure if they verify them or not.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

your balances do not have to be exact in a 7
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
        your balances do not have to be exact in a 7
        Yep, yep!!

As long as you list the Creditor's name, address, the acct number, and a good ball park guesstimate, your total debt to each Creditor will be discharged.

The Court does realize that interest, penalties, and fees continue to accrue on accts that are past due.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X