341 is in less than 24 hours!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 is in less than 24 hours!!!

I should be stressing but I am unusually calm...right, the calm before the storm. haha I have even found out that our trustee is a mean woman. Great! I will probably be stressed to the max tomorrow morning but not yet. Any last minute tips guys? S&T Just chillin!

stay calm, it will be okay. As everyone reported it is quick. Just remember to tell me to stay calm when my time comes.
    Success is reachable, stretch out your arm and grab it.

Comment

good luck tommorrow!!!!! guzzie
      case filed : 6 -5-2007 :blush2:
      DISCHARGED ...9-26-2007..:yahoo::yahoo:
      case closed : 11-13-2007 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by sickandtired8 View Post
        Any last minute tips guys?
        Answer the questions you are asked by the trustee honestly but don't volunteer any extra information.

Remember that the trustee does these meetings at least one day a week all day long every single week. To the trustee it's usually boring and routine. To us it's just our whole financial future!!....gasp!! (just kiddin' - you'll do just fine! Five minutes, you'll be done and wondering what all the fuss was about )
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

It was MUCH easier than I thought, but we had a really nice and FUNNY Trustee. Boy did WE get lucky. I was nervous too, but 10 minutes and it was over and it was virtually painless. Just answer the questions and don't volunteer any information they didn't ask for!
          Petition Filed 6/4/07 :clapping:
          341 meeting 7/31/07 :clapping: :unsure:
          First Meeting Held and Trustee's Report of No Distribution 8/2 :yahoo::yahoo:
          10/15/2007 - DISCHARGED!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I had a really mean trustee when I filed chapter 13 but a calm trustee when we filed 7 at least she was nice at the meeting anyway. But just answer all of the yes and no questions if anything else is asked make it short and sweet. Oh yeah make sure you have your ID and social security card out and ready before you are called up they dont like to wait while you search for it and be on time you will be fine. Did you go pro se or with an attorney?
            Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

You will be fine S&T! Stay calm and give short and honest anwers. It will be over before you know it. Just give yourself plenty of time to get there. I found that sitting for a while and being able to watch what was going on was able to help me get through it easier. Most everyone was in and out in 5 minutes, no headaches. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by familyof7 View Post
                I had a really mean trustee when I filed chapter 13 but a calm trustee when we filed 7 at least she was nice at the meeting anyway. But just answer all of the yes and no questions if anything else is asked make it short and sweet. Oh yeah make sure you have your ID and social security card out and ready before you are called up they dont like to wait while you search for it and be on time you will be fine. Did you go pro se or with an attorney?
                Pro Se is not even in my vocabulary! haha There is no way I would do this without an attorney. I have heard that we have a very mean lady trustee...maybe she will be in a good mood tomorrow! S&T

Comment

Good Luck S&T

For the 341 :

1. Dress casually (as though you were going out to eat, don't wear sunday best or new clothing)
                  2. Wear only minimal jewelry (wedding band, modest watch, nothing else)
                  3. Be on Time (very important)
                  4. Don't bring electronic devices (cell phones, pagers, etc)
                  5. Bring ID card and SS card.
                  6. Don't bring children (arrange someone to sit with them while your gone)
                  7. Be respectful to the court at all times.
                  8. Answer question yes or no unless asked by the Trustee to expand on a particular question.

You'll do fine
                  May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                  July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                  September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X