Bank filed motion to lift stay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank filed motion to lift stay!

I checked pacer today and the bank filed a motion to lift stay for my financed car. A hearing is set for Aug. 24th.
    I had already filed intention to surrender, which I planned to do this week or next (my husband's car is in the shop and I have no way to get to work without the financed car).
    Should I go ahead and surrender the car or wait until they repossess it after the hearing? If I wait, will that affect my bk case?
    None

If you are going to give up the car anyway, just wait it out. The bank has to file that motion regardless of your intent to surrender since your BK is active (i.e. not discharged), so it is no big deal that they filed that motion. If the car runs, might as well keep it as long as you can...and doing so will not effect you BK.

Comment

As HHM says its normal. Its part of the process even when you are surrendering. Don't worry about surrendering it before the date set. Use it for now, hope your hubby's gets out in time.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

they can't take it still the stay is lifted. use it til then! it won't affect anything and you won't have to rent a car!!
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X