top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the most any of your filed BK 7 for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Overmylimit View Post
    Advice: Don't wait to long file, realize it and calmly look at it from an outsiders perspective of where you are at financially and make the decision. My problem is my business still had income coming in so I could have kept robbing Peter to pay Paul for much longer...but for what...
    That's some of the best advice that anyone can ever get from this board.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      That's some of the best advice that anyone can ever get from this board.

Thanks Frogger! To bad I had to live it to advise it...
      "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
      Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
      341 Hearing March 4th 2010
      Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BnkrptcyLwyr View Post
        All chump change (except for the person with 500k in unsecured debt!). Had a client discharge 260,000+ in credit card debt alone. The real question is, how did he get all that in the first place. But it went through, without a hitch.

That is a good question, mostly it was due to one of the 3 business's I run. When one started to fail I tried to keep it afloat with the other 2 which brought them all down. And believe me money adds up fast when you have 30 employee's and overhead, supplies etc. 2 warehouses a fleet of service vans..it just goes like water....
        Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

64K CC plus mortgage need loan mod.
          File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
          Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
          Discharged: Apr 22 2010
          Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

About 45K in unsecured, plus two cars, neither of which I reaffirmed. My total being discharged is about 103K.

Discharge is due to happen, hopefully, sometime next week.

Comment

About $200K unsecured when I file (probably next month.) CCs and lines of credit; personal and business. I am told the UST will drop in and ask questions. Here's how I got into serious 6 figures: (1) being self employed and having business prospects made it easy to live slightly beyond my means (I didn't live that well, but I did have negative monthly cash flow.) (2) Then it snowballs a bit, but you think the solution is to just work harder: you're self employed and income is not a fixed thing. And you've been paying your bills on time for years so the credit is quite available especially last decade! At this point you are just trying to be responsible and stay afloat--you are NOT living well. Oh and since the debt was for business expenses the interest is deductible so it's "manageable" (3) THEN Something serious happens like a serious drop in income. And still you're the self reliant type who tries to keep it all afloat until your next prospect hits.

I'm guessing that most of the 100K+ unsecured didn't live wildly. It takes a level of responsibility to build up that much credit and that much unsecured debt. And I got here because I could--don't we all avoid bk too long?

I may or may not be an asset case by the time I file. But through the miracle of balance transfers I have very little to show for it.

My secured (2 mortgages) is 613K. For California, I'm a wimp in that department. Good news is I think I can hang onto the house.

I don't know what the UST is like here (San Diego), though my attorney didn't seem too concerned. I'm prepared to be put through the ringer though. Damn if I really had significant assets I'd be going the settlement route.
              12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
              8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
              9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

Originally posted by keptdigging View Post
                About $200K unsecured when I file (probably next month.) CCs and lines of credit; personal and business. I am told the UST will drop in and ask questions. Here's how I got into serious 6 figures: (1) being self employed and having business prospects made it easy to live slightly beyond my means (I didn't live that well, but I did have negative monthly cash flow.) (2) Then it snowballs a bit, but you think the solution is to just work harder: you're self employed and income is not a fixed thing. And you've been paying your bills on time for years so the credit is quite available especially last decade! At this point you are just trying to be responsible and stay afloat--you are NOT living well. Oh and since the debt was for business expenses the interest is deductible so it's "manageable" (3) THEN Something serious happens like a serious drop in income. And still you're the self reliant type who tries to keep it all afloat until your next prospect hits.

I'm guessing that most of the 100K+ unsecured didn't live wildly. It takes a level of responsibility to build up that much credit and that much unsecured debt. And I got here because I could--don't we all avoid bk too long?

I may or may not be an asset case by the time I file. But through the miracle of balance transfers I have very little to show for it.

My secured (2 mortgages) is 613K. For California, I'm a wimp in that department. Good news is I think I can hang onto the house.

I don't know what the UST is like here (San Diego), though my attorney didn't seem too concerned. I'm prepared to be put through the ringer though. Damn if I really had significant assets I'd be going the settlement route.
                I can tell you that I thought for sure the UST was going to be there at our 341 hearing ready to grill me. I realized at our 341 how unimportant we really are, and we were just a pimple. If all of your documentation is there, you will be fine! The Southern California Courts are so busy, you will be shocked at how fast they push you through. At our hearing, there were more than 60 cases per hour. That's less than a minute a case.
                Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                Discharged: 11/30/2009
                Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
                  I realized at our 341 how unimportant we really are, and we were just a pimple.

Very, Very True!

I had tons of credit transfers, equipment, vehicles, land, rental properties, mortgages etc.... the list goes on and on.....I was out of the 341 in less than 10 minutes....
                  Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

40k+ in cc, and unknown medical. My C-section was 8 days ago & bills have not arrived yet.
                    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
                    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

140,000 big ones here, all credit card except for $6500 for a government disaster loan.

Comment

$93,000 in credit card debt, with nothing really to show but years of minimum payments and interest

Comment

After I did my docs for the BK attorney recently, I totalled it all up - over $43,000 in credit card and store card debt. I'm underwater on the mortgage at about $80,000.

Comment

CH. 7 NON CONSUMER $658,889.68 out of that only $14,000 (approx) was personal credit cards and $227,323.95 was our mortgage (keeping the house)

Comment

About $40k in cc debt. But mainly filed to protect from a promisory note on the home of about $700k
                              Chapter 7 asset case
                              Filed 1/8/10; 341 2/8/10 (10 minutes);
                              Discharged 4/12/10; Closed 11/4/10

Comment

Ive seen the $2 million dollar mark in unsecured debt broken on several occasions. All of them were pretty sad cases, and some pretty bad people.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X