When is the best time to start working on credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the best time to start working on credit report

I just on filed ch 7 8/14/07.Sould i start working on my credit reports or wait till bk is discharge.
    Filed ch7 8/14/07
    341 meeting 9/18/07
    DISCHARGED 11/20/07

I'd wait until after Discharge if I was you.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

i've started before my discharge... i signed up for truecredit.com, which is 3 credit bureau report with credit alerts. it costs $14.95 per month. any creditor that wasn't updated as "included in bankruptcy" i disputed to each bureau. to dispute, you can go to each bureau's website separately and dispute online.

many discrepencies on my reports have been updated.
      None

Comment

Originally posted by marzipan13 View Post
        i've started before my discharge... i signed up for truecredit.com, which is 3 credit bureau report with credit alerts. it costs $14.95 per month. any creditor that wasn't updated as "included in bankruptcy" i disputed to each bureau. to dispute, you can go to each bureau's website separately and dispute online.

many discrepencies on my reports have been updated.
        i see your in maryland also did you go downtown for youre 341 meeting how was the meeting i ask this because mines is next month. also how did you note the disputes on youre credit report.
        Filed ch7 8/14/07
        341 meeting 9/18/07
        DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

Originally posted by NOMOREBADCREDIT View Post
          Also how did you note the disputes on youre credit report.
          You note your disputes as Included In Bankruptcy. When you begin your clean up, the Included In Bankruptcy will be an option to choose as your reason for disputing.
          Bankruptcy History:
          Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
          Discharged - 02/16/2006
          Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Thanks everyone
            Filed ch7 8/14/07
            341 meeting 9/18/07
            DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

I would start a couple weeks before your discharge date

I think some creditors will not change the status until they see the discharge but I started a few weeks before discharge.

My bk was in baltimore also, they were pretty quick. Filed march 21, discharged and closed same day june 26.

Comment

who is your trustee?

I hear Richard Kremen(?) is a pretty tough one.

Comment

Originally posted by biotechsolution View Post
                  I hear Richard Kremen(?) is a pretty tough one.
                  NOT HIM.who was youre trustee
                  Filed ch7 8/14/07
                  341 meeting 9/18/07
                  DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

I'm filing in maryland as well.What lawyer did you use and what were their fees.I'm still shopping around for attorneys?
                    Filed Ch 7 Petition: 03/24/09
                    341 Meeting: 04/29/09
                    Discharge Due: 06/29/09
                    07/01/2009 Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by nicole38 View Post
                      I'm filing in maryland as well.What lawyer did you use and what were their fees.I'm still shopping around for attorneys?
                      I filed pro se.
                      Filed ch7 8/14/07
                      341 meeting 9/18/07
                      DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

Originally posted by BassBoy View Post
                        You note your disputes as Included In Bankruptcy. When you begin your clean up, the Included In Bankruptcy will be an option to choose as your reason for disputing.
                        souldnt i dispute items so i can get the taken off my credit report.
                        Filed ch7 8/14/07
                        341 meeting 9/18/07
                        DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

No more, I would wait another week and then pull your credit reports. Reason being is that you only filed 30 days ago, and probably not all the updates will be in there yet. It will be easier to clean up if you have all or most of the changes made. Mine were all in by around Day 35-40.

Let us know if you have anything wrong and what it is....usually something reported as a chargeoff that is included in the BK, or showing a balance when it should show $0, etc.
                          Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
                          341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
                          US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
                          Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

I have one that is reporting on all 3 bureaus as late 30 days (as of Sept), closed, with a balance and past due amount. I've disputed, and they verify it. Obviously that's incorrect. They actually sent me a letter stating that they were closing my account because of my Ch 7 filing, but that I still owed them until it's paid off.

This is a large company, obviously something's fishy with this. Any ideas on how to get this fixed? I was going to wait until after my discharge and see what they do then. Then if they don't fix it, call them directly. If this is the correct way to deal with this, what do I say to them when I do call?

I hate calling creditors.

Right now, my credit scores are higher than before I filed, and all the other companies are reporting at least mostly correctly.
                            Last edited by Misha707; 09-16-2007, 03:43 PM. Reason: fix typo
                            Filed Chapter 7: 07-31-2007 :clapping:
                            341 meeting: 08-30-2007 :yahoo:
                            Last Day for Objections: 10-29-2007 :unsure:
                            Discharged & Closed: 10-30-2007 :yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Comment

You can either call the creditor, or wait until your discharge and dispute it again with that reason or send a copy of your discharge letter along with your dispute. If it is has been discharged, they CANNOT report a balance.
                              Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
                              341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
                              US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
                              Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X