No announcement yet.

When is the best time to start working on credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started on my, hopefully, I will be discharged soon. My scores went from a 490 to a 530 in less then a month, just imagine what is going to happen a month after discharge or maybe a year. Thankfully, I wasn't a big CC person, I was more a cash on hand person and mainly used my debit card. If I did not fall ill, my husband did not finally find a stable job in mid 2006, we did not have massive old medical bills and over due taxes we would have had a pretty good credit score. I think with this new start things will pick up in about a year.

The reason our scores were low in the first place is because we did not have real major credit and the debts we had from medical, student loans, and other small things went to collections that does not look good when you don't have enough credit against your collection accounts.
    Success is reachable, stretch out your arm and grab it.

Comment

Thanks, Boscoe, I was sure that was the case. I can sort of understand them not reporting like they should right now, since discharge is not a guarantee, but after discharge, they won't have a choice.

I don't want to fix it now, since they're being such pains, just to have to do it again after discharge, because I expect they'll mess it up again. I'd rather just deal with it once.
      Filed Chapter 7: 07-31-2007 :clapping:
      341 meeting: 08-30-2007 :yahoo:
      Last Day for Objections: 10-29-2007 :unsure:
      Discharged & Closed: 10-30-2007 :yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Comment

I find that experian is the hardest to let you dispute.
        Last edited by NOMOREBADCREDIT; 09-21-2007, 06:51 PM.
        Filed ch7 8/14/07
        341 meeting 9/18/07
        DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

Originally posted by NOMOREBADCREDIT View Post
          I find that experian is the hardest to let you dispute.
          anyone have a problem with experian
          Filed ch7 8/14/07
          341 meeting 9/18/07
          DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

I had trouble with trans union adn my hubby had trouble with equifax but for the most part 1 month of complaints cleared it up most accounts were deleted and tha others say included in chapter 7 bankruptcy. our scores went from 407 to 528 in 30 days just removing those bad accounts. I cant wait til my new low limit credit card show good paid on time cause I am sure our score will go even higher. I got a low limit card just to rebuild credit I use it to pay my light bill and send th cash I would have paid the light bill with to pay the credit card so it is paid in full every month and reports good on my credit. By paying in full every month I avoid the interest charges.
            Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

thanks. i had my 341 meeting. and now iam trying to clean up my reports but experian is making very hard for me to dispute anything.
              Filed ch7 8/14/07
              341 meeting 9/18/07
              DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

You will get a much better ,easier, quicker response from the credit reporting agencies after discharge. The way they see it is the debt is still not gone until discharge.
                Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by familyof7 View Post
                  You will get a much better ,easier, quicker response from the credit reporting agencies after discharge. The way they see it is the debt is still not gone until discharge.
                  Thanks but what could i do if they will not let me dispute items on my report.
                  Filed ch7 8/14/07
                  341 meeting 9/18/07
                  DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

Family of 7 - why do you say that it is easier after discharge? All the cra's doe is verify with the creditors. If the creditors verify what the cra's ask them, nothing gets changed.

Please explain how it is different after discharge.

Thanks.
                    Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
                    341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
                    US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
                    Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

Originally posted by Boscoe View Post
                      Family of 7 - why do you say that it is easier after discharge? All the cra's doe is verify with the creditors. If the creditors verify what the cra's ask them, nothing gets changed.

Please explain how it is different after discharge.

Thanks.
                      ?
                      Filed ch7 8/14/07
                      341 meeting 9/18/07
                      DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X