What on earth does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What on earth does this mean?

Request for Service of Notices. Recovery Management Systems Corporation, 25 S.E. 2nd Avenue Suite 1120,Miami FL 33131-1605 Filed by Recovery Management Systems Corporation. (Singh, Ramesh) (Entered: 08/28/2007)

And is it something i need to worry about?
    7/17/07:Completed: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO 503/486/489
    8/14/07:Completed: 341 Meeting
    8/16/07:Completed: File No Asset Case by trustee
    10/15/07:Completed: Last day for objections

That Creditor has requested the Court notify them of any "updates" as it were in your case. Recovery Management just wants to stay on top of what's going on with your case is all.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thing is i looked through everything as far as all my creditors and these people are not one of them. i dont know who they are. I also noticed on my credit report that 2 of my cards are closed and sold that''s all they say charged off and transfered to recovery. which is weird because this happened after i filed.

I also recieved a letter from my old credit card company stating that they got an iquiry from advanced resolution services and that they show i filed chap 7 and put a fraud alert on my credit. What the hell are these people doing?
      7/17/07:Completed: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO 503/486/489
      8/14/07:Completed: 341 Meeting
      8/16/07:Completed: File No Asset Case by trustee
      10/15/07:Completed: Last day for objections

Comment

Originally posted by iamwhoiam View Post
        Thing is i looked through everything as far as all my creditors and these people are not one of them. i dont know who they are. I also noticed on my credit report that 2 of my cards are closed and sold that''s all they say charged off and transfered to recovery. which is weird because this happened after i filed.

I also recieved a letter from my old credit card company stating that they got an iquiry from advanced resolution services and that they show i filed chap 7 and put a fraud alert on my credit. What the hell are these people doing?
        Most of my accounts were sold shortly after I filed, so this may be typical. The banks want the accounts off their books. Recovery is one of the companies that buys charged off accounts. They want to know the status of your case, so that if you get dismissed, they can come after you for the account.
        I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

I actually just had a Notice of Appearance filed in my case from the same Recovery Management Systems Corporation and the same individual (Singh, Ramesh)

iamwhoiam- anything come of this as far as you know??
          (X) - Filed Chap 7 - 11.14.2007
          (X) - Free and Clear - 2.22.2008
          PreBK Scores - 467/428/434 (11/22/2007)
          PostBK Scores - 571/604/583 (3/15/2008) - Rebuilding Begins!

Comment

I hope it's okay to revive a slightly old thread. I, too, just got notice that GE Money Bank signed by Ramesh Singh wants notice of stuff. I have no account with GE Money Bank.
            11/29/2007 - Filed Ch 7
            01/08/2008 - 341 Hearing
            03/12/2008 - Discharged
            03/21/2008 - Closed

Comment

You probably do and don't even realize it. GEMB is behind a lot of store cards, like Lowes and Dillards, just to name a few. There are tons more.

Comment

I think they're behind Gap and Old Navy cards too
                (X) - Filed Chap 7 - 11.14.2007
                (X) - Free and Clear - 2.22.2008
                PreBK Scores - 467/428/434 (11/22/2007)
                PostBK Scores - 571/604/583 (3/15/2008) - Rebuilding Begins!

Comment

oops
                  Last edited by FreshLikeADaisy; 01-04-2008, 01:02 PM.
                  Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Well I am in Colorado and I had the same document filed today in my case:

By: /s/ Ramesh Singh
                    Recovery Management Systems Corp.
                    25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 1120
                    Miami, FL 33131-1605
                    Attn: Ramesh Singh
                    Telephone: (305) 379-7674
                    Facsimile: (305) 374-8113

Assignee Creditor: GE Money Bank

I also do not have any account with GE Money Bank, nor do I have any store cards. I looked thru the GE Money Bank website and do not have any of the cards listed there.
                    12.10.2007 Filed CH 7
                    01.14.2008 341 Meeting
                    03.14.2008 No Objections filed :yahoo: :clapping:
                    03.27.2008 Discharge of Debtor :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by BearChaser303 View Post
                      Well I am in Colorado and I had the same document filed today in my case:

By: /s/ Ramesh Singh
                      Recovery Management Systems Corp.
                      25 SE 2nd Avenue, Suite 1120
                      Miami, FL 33131-1605
                      Attn: Ramesh Singh
                      Telephone: (305) 379-7674
                      Facsimile: (305) 374-8113

Assignee Creditor: GE Money Bank

I also do not have any account with GE Money Bank, nor do I have any store cards. I looked thru the GE Money Bank website and do not have any of the cards listed there.
                      I find this odd still. We, too, are not filing on any store cards. We have two Capital Ones, Chase, Bank of America, an overdraft acct at a credit union, Visa through the credit union, and a Kroger Personal Finance card. Nothing related to GEMB.

I'll have to run my credit report to see if anything has been transferred.
                      11/29/2007 - Filed Ch 7
                      01/08/2008 - 341 Hearing
                      03/12/2008 - Discharged
                      03/21/2008 - Closed

Comment

Originally posted by RickInMich View Post
                        I find this odd still. We, too, are not filing on any store cards. We have two Capital Ones, Chase, Bank of America, an overdraft acct at a credit union, Visa through the credit union, and a Kroger Personal Finance card. Nothing related to GEMB.

I'll have to run my credit report to see if anything has been transferred.
                        Comparing notes, I have a Capital One, Chase and Bank of America but none of the others that you mentioned. I also had an AT&T Universal that showed "charged off" on my credit report shortly after I filed so I cant keep from wondering if it is something to do with that one. But then I also cant keep from wondering if this is some sort of scam.
                        12.10.2007 Filed CH 7
                        01.14.2008 341 Meeting

Comment

Ok when I saw "GEMB" in your post that rang a bell. On my credit report I have an old Mervyns account that was paid off years ago, and a "Paypal" account that doesnt have any balance and for that reason I did not include them as creditors in my petition. So I wonder if it is something to do with one of these. Both of these are listed on my credit reports as "GEMB".
                          12.10.2007 Filed CH 7
                          01.14.2008 341 Meeting

Comment

I received a Notice of Appearance for Recovery Management Systems Corp. today.

Mine is for GE Money Bank, who owns my PayPal Credit Card.

Ramesh Singh is the name of the contact person on Recovery Management Systems Corp. website. He works there or owns them.

I suspect this company tries to strong arm filers into paying for discharged debt (for secured credit cards, like Best Buy, PayPal, etc.) OR reposes the merchandise for them.

These companies usually try to contact you wanting you to return the merchandise you purchased and hadn't yet completed paying for when you filed. They really don't WANT the merchandise, they want you to offer to pay for it. They can't make you pay for it and probably won't come and get it either. Too much paperwork and legal junk involved in getting it back.

There are tons of posts on BKforum about a similar company named Bass & Associates. They work for Best Buy trying to collect for them.
                            Chapter 7 Filed - 11/27/07
                            Discharged - 2/29/08
                            Unsecured Debt Discharged - $162k +/- (small business, personally guaranteed)
                            Finally Closed - 3/1/09

Comment

You will see lots of "recovery companies" on your credit report where your account has been turned over to collections or sold to another company like GEMB..........

They are still discharged in your case. If you feel its necessary, have your attorney amend your petition to "include" all of these.....

Just bill collectors "doing their thing".................
                              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X