No announcement yet.

What on earth does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearchaser, I stand corrected! I didn't realize he was the *signer*. Yes, you're absolutely right. Please excuse my error.
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

No problem Daisy!
      12.10.2007 Filed CH 7
      01.14.2008 341 Meeting
      03.14.2008 No Objections filed :yahoo: :clapping:
      03.27.2008 Discharge of Debtor :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

me too

I had the same thing appear on my BK case file yesterday. Old Ramesh must have been busy.

Isn't it illegal though to try to pursue collections on anything that was included in a bankruptcy filing? These debts are not considered "charged off" -- they are on hold with the automatic stay until discharge or dismissal.

If they contact me, I would think the appropriate response should be that any debt they are acting on behalf of is part of my bankruptcy, they are breaking the law by contacting me, and if they want to discuss anything further here is my lawyer's name.

BTW, mine doesn't have an "assignee creditor" listed at all.
        10/25/2007 Aha! moment
        11/19/2007 Filed Ch.7
        12/19/2007 341 hearing
        02/17/2008 Deadline for objections! tick tick tick ...

Comment

As I read through this post it dawned on me....GEMB has my JCPenney charge card.

I got this same notice. I wasn't too worried about it.
          LifeNLemons In Nevada and Broke
          Filed Pro Se: 12.03.07 341 Meeting: 01.10.08 Last Day for Objections: 3.11.08
          Switched back to No Asset - Here we go!! Discharged: 3.12.08

Comment

I, too, have a JCPenney card, but the balance is zero and I haven't used it in at least a couple years. Maybe that is what this is all about.
            11/29/2007 - Filed Ch 7
            01/08/2008 - 341 Hearing
            03/12/2008 - Discharged
            03/21/2008 - Closed

Comment

For what it's worth. GE Money bank also funds PayPal Buyer Credit...there is no physical "card". If you owe money on PayPal buyer credit, you do not owe eBay or PayPal...you owe GE.

EP
              California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I had a GEMB/PayPal Buyer Credit account, however the balance was 0 and I did not include it in my petition so I dont understand why they would have much of an interest in my filing. I wonder if I can demand that they validate the debt?
                12.10.2007 Filed CH 7
                01.14.2008 341 Meeting
                03.14.2008 No Objections filed :yahoo: :clapping:
                03.27.2008 Discharge of Debtor :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X