top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you stop paying your creditors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a simple poll here.

60 days before filing
    47.83%
    30 days before filing
    26.09%
    The day you filed
    26.09%
    Once your BK was Discharged
    0.00%
    NotFun
    Filed: 10/31/2007
    341: 12/05/2007
    Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

I stopped paying about 5 months before I filed.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
      I stopped paying about 5 months before I filed.
      ha-ha... so your off the chart...LOL
      NotFun

Comment

I'm off the chart too. I had a couple I hadn't paid in a year or more. There were a couple I paid VERY sporadically within a few months of filing. Most weren't paid in months.
        Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
        341 Meeting July 19, 2007
        Discharged September 17, 2007
        Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

All of mine were current up to the date I filed, with the exception of the car that my ex kept. The last payment that I personally made on that one was in March, I left him in April, he never made another payment, and it got repossessed in July. I got the notice the day I filed that it had been repossessed the week before. He's in another state and I don't speak to him, so I didn't know until they sent me a letter.

I was actually glad that they had taken it because he'd also stopped paying the insurance, so it had been canceled, and he's got a bad habit of DUI. I feel safer with it out of his hands.

Anyway, I would have made the payments and kept it myself if I could have afforded it, but the $525/month payments were way out of my budget. I don't have any car at all now, because I can't afford all the expense that goes with one.

So I've got 90 days late on that one, and no lates on the the others.
          Filed Chapter 7: 07-31-2007 :clapping:
          341 meeting: 08-30-2007 :yahoo:
          Last Day for Objections: 10-29-2007 :unsure:
          Discharged & Closed: 10-30-2007 :yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Comment

I didn't pay any of the creditors (Except Dell) for the 6 months prior to filing, and many had not been paid in as long as a year.
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

stopped paying in may 2007 .....emergency filing on june 5, 2007 to stop a lawsuit...so approx 30 days...
              case filed : 6 -5-2007 :blush2:
              DISCHARGED ...9-26-2007..:yahoo::yahoo:
              case closed : 11-13-2007 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
                I didn't pay any of the creditors (Except Dell) for the 6 months prior to filing, and many had not been paid in as long as a year.
                Did you have any car's on that? Or a house?

I'm just wondering when they would try and come take your cars, and house?
                NotFun

Comment

I stopped paying on an investment property about 5-6 months before filing. Everything else, including credit cards were paid up until 30 days prior.

I was more fortunate that many in that I had the excess cash to do this, and also I am an asset case (chapter 7). These relatively small minimums I was making each month were going to go back to the creditors anyway.

I am hopeful that having only one past due on the credit rather than 5 or 6 will allow me to rebuild the credit faster than if I had let everything go.
                  Filed Business Chapter 7: 7/11/07
                  341 Meeting: 8/8/07 Asset Case
                  US Trustee reviewed case/resolved 9/14/07
                  Discharged: 10/11/07 Closed: 11/2/08

Comment

Originally posted by Boscoe View Post
                    I stopped paying on an investment property about 5-6 months before filing. Everything else, including credit cards were paid up until 30 days prior.

I was more fortunate that many in that I had the excess cash to do this, and also I am an asset case (chapter 7). These relatively small minimums I was making each month were going to go back to the creditors anyway.

I am hopeful that having only one past due on the credit rather than 5 or 6 will allow me to rebuild the credit faster than if I had let everything go.
                    See that's what I'm thinking will happen with me. I have low 700's right now, with not one late. I thinking to stop making payments 30 days before filing to build up some cash, and then hoping it will be a little easier to get that credit built back up.
                    NotFun

Comment

My option wasn't listed. We quit paying when we retained our attorney, that was in February. They were waaaaaaaaaay behind and we didn't end up filing until 6/4, so a full 6 months!
                      Petition Filed 6/4/07 :clapping:
                      341 meeting 7/31/07 :clapping: :unsure:
                      First Meeting Held and Trustee's Report of No Distribution 8/2 :yahoo::yahoo:
                      10/15/2007 - DISCHARGED!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by demismom View Post
                        My option wasn't listed. We quit paying when we retained our attorney, that was in February. They were waaaaaaaaaay behind and we didn't end up filing until 6/4, so a full 6 months!
                        so another way off the charts person...

Did this include your mortgage and cars?
                        NotFun

Comment

stopped paying on one mortgage and other debts 4 mos before filing... paid the house i am living in up till the month i filed. this way i could live in it until they foreclosed and kicked me out. no rent and i could build up some saving$

but i was really annoyed with the nonstop phone calls from creditors.
                          filed chapter 7 6-20-07 :blink:341 7-23-07, presumption of abuse :cry:7-24-07, motion to dismiss :aggress:8-24-07, notice of with drawl motion to dismiss 9-13-07:yahoo:Discharged 11-23-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

mine was actually much greater than 60 days!
                            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I put "60 days" but in reality it will probably be more like 120-150 days before I file. I had to wait 90 days after my last purchase, and now I have to save up almost $2k for the attorney and filing fees. So I stopped paying about 2 months ago but it might be another 2 months or more before I can file. However, my attorney said that as soon as I give him $500 (which may be this next week) I can refer creditors to him, which may help stop some of the calls.

Frankly I am surprised that the calls have not been that bad. We just put the answering machine on and turn down the volume when they call, then erase them! A few have called at work but luckily I've got co-workers who help me dodge them.
                              <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
                              FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X