urgent questions-pro se in pa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urgent questions-pro se in pa

Before I ask the questions, I just want to say that no matter what happens I can't afford an attorney, in fact I'm so broke that I filed an app. for waiving the chapter 7 court fees. I just filed my papers on 9-6-07 and got a notice on Thurs. that there will be a hearing as to whether I have to pay the fee.

The notice says I have to serve the motion and file a certificate of service. It also says "Any response, including a consent to the motion, shall be filed with the clerk's office.

So, my questions are-what does it mean I have to serve the motion? (I can't find any forms or info. on it) and what is a certificate of service?

I went on pacer and it says I have until 9-27-07 to file a response, and I don't know what that means either.

I feel really stupid for asking these questions and have tried since Thurs. to find the answers on my own with no luck!

Please help--even if you're not sure any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Is all of this in regards to the application to file waiving the fee?
    Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

I found the forms go to www.pawb.uscourts.gov/pdfs/LocalForms.pdf
      Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

response question?

Thanks familyof7 that was very helpful, but I still haven't found out what a response is and it's required to be mailed and filed with the court by 9-27-07. It is in regard to the hearing for waiving the fee. If you or anyone knows anything at all about how to file a response-please let me know.

Thanks!!!

Comment

I would call the clerk at the bankruptcy court first thing in the morning. Although they can't give legal advice they can tell you what process you need to go through and they are usually very helpful in explaining what things mean. That may be a great place to start if anyone on here doesn't have anymore info (which I'm sure they will...I'm always very surprised at the info that pops up!!)
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I would assume it would be a consent to the motion of having the fee waived and the certificate of service is saying that you certify that you filed and mailed the consent to the motion to have the filing fee waived to all of the creditors on the matrix . It may be to consent to the motion to have a hearing on the subject that is the only other thing I could possiably think of. I would definatly call the bk clerk tomarrow first thing and ask what the procedure is or even call a few attorneys or para legals in your area to see if they could clairify. I had my fee waived but never required a hearing so it is probally a consent to the hearing it makes more sense yaeh I am almost sure it is in regard to the consent to the hearing and certificate of service is probally for the consent to the hearing to notify the creditors.

Comment

Can I ask a question? If people can't afford an attorney or filing fees, how can they afford the computer they're on and internet access? Are they typing from a library?
              I know if I was THAT broke, I could never afford to pay for my computer and internet. I know some people who couldn't , becuz they were THAT broke.
              Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
              CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
              Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

A computer and internet these days are almost as commonplace and necessary as a telephone was 10 years ago. Especially if someone has schoolaged children, they need the computer and internet for homework. Computers are relatively inexpensive and dialup internet can be obtained for as cheap as 9.95 per month. Remember, we are not hear to judge. Only to obtain and give our opinions and advice.
                Last edited by CindyLou; 09-16-2007, 07:41 PM.

Comment

not sure what the consent to motion is? I thought the clerks office was going to be helpful but since I filed the papers any time I call and ask a question they just say that they're not practicing attorneys and won't tell me anything. They wouldn't even clarify if I was supposed to mail a particular form to the trustee!

Comment

Have you tried to obtain legal aid in your county? I know they don't file BK's but they will help you with advice. Also, I know you can't afford an attorney, but can you possibly afford to sign up for pre-paid legal? I think its like 29/month. They will start giving you advice immediately. Its worth a try if you can afford the 29.

Comment

I don't even have $29 and the legal aid in my county, even if they handle bk, takes months to get someone approved! Thank you for the addvice though. Hopefully I'll figure it out b4 the deadline.

Comment

I would call an attorney call all of them in the phone book if need be dont get discouraged if one wont help just call the next keep calling them until you get the right answer. And no you dont have to mail any paper filed to the trustee as they can see your case online they are automatically notified.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorMike View Post
                          Can I ask a question? If people can't afford an attorney or filing fees, how can they afford the computer they're on and internet access? Are they typing from a library?
                          I know if I was THAT broke, I could never afford to pay for my computer and internet. I know some people who couldn't , becuz they were THAT broke.
                          I bought my computer 2 years ago and paid cash. As far as the internet bill it is discounted in a package it is a part of my phone bill. It cost 15.99 per month no where near the cost of an attorney or filing fee.

Comment

that broke

I guess I wouldn't be that broke if I didn't already spend so much money trying to do this myself, and furthermore; I did have my internet disconnected but instead of paying $1500 for an attorney I got a special to have my internet hooked back up temporarily!!!! Much much much cheaper!!!! Plus my hours have been cut back even further in the last two weeks and my check was $321 for 2 weeks--thankfully my internet bill was already paid!!!

Thanks for your concern MajorMike

Comment

for cindylynn smith & familyof7

I truly want to thank you both. I've never been on a forum before except once a couple of years ago-a website for loss of an only child and they were all so nice but I only joined for a couple of days because I was too sad to continue. I've read some posts on this site where some people have not been...so nice and I want you to know how much I appreciate your responses. I don't know how I'll get through this alone, and people have been telling me God doesn't give you more than you can handle--but I'm having serious doubts about that! So now that you know how poor I am at the moment I hope you won't stop communication with me because I really need it, and whatever I learn through this process I will share with others--that is as long as I can afford the internet. Even if I have to have it disconnected for a while I'm hoping it won't be forever. I do have a degree in psychology but have been through so much I haven't been able to use it to help others--am hoping to be in a better place-hopefully soon!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X