Credit Card Checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Checks

Good eveing all, I have a question for you wonderful people.
    If a credit card check considered a cash advance or a purchase?
    I would like to know if a Credit Card Check falls under the 70 days rule or the 90 day wait rule? Thank you everybody.

Did you write the check directly to the merchant, did you deposit the check into your account, or did you write the check to another person? I would think if it went to directly to a merchant it would be a purchase, if the other two choices I listed it would be a cash advance. That is however my opinion. The only way to know would be to call your credit card company and see exactly how they categorize that particular transaction. Each company has different rules.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Thank you.
      It was deposited directly into my checking account. Its listed as a convenience check on my statement. Its also listed as a cash advance in the finance charge area. I guess you helped me answer my own question. I guess it falls under the 70 day rule?
      Thanks again.
      Last edited by inhocknow; 09-16-2007, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I think cash advances are 90 day though, are they not?
        Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
        CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
        Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

If deposited the check into your checking account, the 70 day rule applies as it is a cash advance.

But realize, just because you wait 70 days until you file BK does not mean you are IN THE CLEAR. All it does is shift the burden to the creditor to prove that you took the cash advance and intended not to pay it back. Thus, if you make no payments on the account and the amount is large enough, odds are, you could see an objection to the cash advance even if you file BK 6 months from you do the transaction.
          Last edited by HHM; 09-17-2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X