Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books and records, Quicken

Hi,

On one of the forms I got from my attorney, it says something regarding "books and records." I also saw that term in the manual for bankruptcy trustees. Does anyone know if this means financial software like Quicken? Are we obligated to mention and/r turn over our Quicken files to the trustee?

Rick
    11/29/2007 - Filed Ch 7
    01/08/2008 - 341 Hearing
    03/12/2008 - Discharged
    03/21/2008 - Closed

Originally posted by RickInMich View Post
    On one of the forms I got from my attorney, it says something regarding "books and records." I also saw that term in the manual for bankruptcy trustees. Does anyone know if this means financial software like Quicken? Are we obligated to mention and/r turn over our Quicken files to the trustee?
    No, there's no obligation to turn over electronic financial files to your trustee.

Your trustee may ask for financial information, especially when there's a business involved in your filing. As long as the information is truthful, whether the information is provided on paper or electronically doesn't matter to the court.
    Last edited by lrprn; 09-25-2007, 05:26 AM.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget