Hmmm??? Best Season To File????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm??? Best Season To File????

Silly Question...but It May Be Worthwhile.

Anyone Ever File During The Holiday Season?
    Do You Think This Has An Effect On The Courts/trustee/creditors???

I Was Told That Some Things Get Over Looked, And Some Creditors Don't Have Time To Object Because Of Missed Deadlines.

Any Responses?

Thanks

Good question!

Will a trustee try to take and sell boats, motocycles etc in the middle of a New England winter or vice versa for winter toys in the summer?

Does he have to?

Comment

I filed in October with the purpose and hope that that both creditors, courts, trustees, etc had more days off/ holidays during the 90 days for objections......don't know if my theory was correct, but I know if couldn't have hurt!!!! Think about it....you have the whole week of thanksgiving, christmas, and new years where people are taking off work and things are running on skeleton staff and some days in during those times when things are just plain shut down. hmmm who knows......
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

That is an interesting thought. I guess if we file in the next few weeks, it will be in the thick of the holiday season during the 341 and objection period. I'd tend to think it wouldn't make a difference, but who knows?

Comment

Spring and Fall,............. Trustees are interested in Income Tax Refunds.

If you plan to file in the Spring,.......... Get your refund first. Spend it on necessities. Save your receipts to document where the money went. Then file.

Any time you file BK, the Trustee is entitled to take a %'age of your income tax refund. Prorated. In the Fall, the %'ages get higher and higher. Sept is 9/12ths, Oct is 10/12ths, and so on. You wanna be sure to adjust your withholdings after filing to get back as little tax refund as possible.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X