top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

31 Days left in 60 Day Club....anything else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get What removed the bankruptcy? Because legally the bk is not supposed to be removed for a certain amount of time like 7 or 10 yrs. As far as the debt goes they will only put included in bk if the creditor does not acknowledge to the CRA it was included in bk the only way to proove it is send proof. Some debts will be deleted but only because the creditor deletes it after you dispute it with the cra
    Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

As far as the computer goes: I can tell you that even though the finance agreement may say it's a secured debt, Dell doesn't want it back. That $2000 computer, depending on how long ago you financed it, is now only worth about $500...if that. Hardware prices drop so fast. It's just simply not worth their time to try and collect it.
      Oct 9, 2007 - Filed my Chapter 13! Scores: 527/509/528
      Jan 1, 2009 - Sent in my last payment! Scores: 635/628/585!
      Feb 11, 2009 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED!
      I AM NOT A LAWYER. ANYTHING I SAY IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

Comment

Originally posted by PaKettle View Post
        Well, we're going to make sure all debts are listed, so no problem.
        But I just find that law in some states that says the debt is forgiven if you forget to list it or not, is sorta strange.

Which states allow the debt to be discharged even if you forgot to list it? Thanks for all of your great and fantastic help.

Comment

michigan is a state that includes everything up until filing date whether listed or not.

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
            Trust me, Pa....if you deliberately left off a creditor with a legitimate reason to object (blatant fraud, for example), then all the creditor has to do is file an objection as soon as they find out they were left off explaining their reasoning to the court.

If the reason is legit, then the bk court will have a hearing on this specific debt. If the creditor proves their case, then you'll get to pay the debt. Hopefully you won't get charged with bk fraud - a federal crime - as well.
            How does that reconcile with the idea that if you "forget a creditor" the debt is still forgiven? This is what I read in NOLO - that if you forget a debt - at least in California - it is still forgiven. Maybe it depends on how big the debt is, or ...?

By the way, this does not affect me at all. I diligently made my list and checked it twice and compared it to the one the attorney submitted! But I have read in several places that at least in CA, if you do forget one, it doesn't matter, it's still forgiven. Not sure how that works though.... because I would think the creditor could say they didn't know you filed and so did not have a chance to object.
            <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
            FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X