top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

31 Days left in 60 Day Club....anything else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31 Days left in 60 Day Club....anything else?

Hey,
    What an experience it has been being with you guys on this forum. I know I have said it before and I will say it again...I learned a lot writing, responding and reading with you guys. Just like going to college..only better. Now that I have just about gotten through this process, I know its probably nothing, but in the back of my mind I still feel as if there is something more that should be done. Its like I may have forgotten to dot an I or cross a T....lol.
    1. filed on 7-30-07
    2. 341 meeting 8-28-07
    3. Installment payment (1) 8-24-07 (2) 9-21-07 (3) 10-19-07 (3) 11-24-07 for a total of 299.00 dollars filing fee for bankruptcy.
    4. last day for objections 10-28-07
    This last one(4) is a concern for me because I still have no idea how a person will know that all debt is discharged even after this day. Do you request your credit history again? Do you assume that nobody will ever contact you again concerning any balances be they secured or unsecured if they have not contacted you by the objection date?

All my debts were basically loans and credit cards, however I did have
    a. leased vehicle-signed affirmation already
    b. defaulted loans from borrowing from retirement account..IRS has added the 8000.00 dollars owed here to my income for 2007 which I will have to pay on income tax time.
    c. defaulted student loans-already straightened out
    d. Dell computers-never head from them ever for any reason what so ever....still have computers and never paid 2000.00 balance or signed any affirmation agreement...ever.

So I,m just sitting here everyday checking Pacer for any activity, waiting for the next 31 days. What do you guys think?

Wow! I can't believe its been a month since we read about your 341 meeting with the cranky trustee! It just flew by!

I've read that alot of people get their credit reports a short time after filing to check and make sure all the balances are reported as 0. I'm not sure how long this will take to update though.

I think they have to object by the deadline or they can't bother you again.

You filed pro se and apparently did a great job! I wish I had the confidence to file pro se, lawyers are so expensive.

Comment

My last day for objections was September 17 and I checked Pacer that day and it showed me as discharged, case closed.

I had two reaffirmations, my auto loan and a home equity line of credit. I've just kept paying on them as normally. I did contact them after my discharge, nothing is changed except now they will send me my monthly bills (that had stopped when I filed, due to the stay). Also, I am now able to access those loans online....during the stay, I was not able to.

All debts you listed that were not reaffirmed are over and done with on your day of discharge. Nothing further for you to do. They won't contact you and you don't need to contact them. They will be sent a copy of your discharge by the courts.

No need, really, to keep checking Pacer. If you do go on the site, just look at "last filing date" and if that doesn't change, it means no objections were filed.

Dell is one of my debts as well (I mean it WAS a debt). They kept saying I had to give the computer back but I never heard a word from them since the date I filed.

You should be good to go. Congrats, your big day is not far away.

Hope I have everything above correctly stated......if not, a mod can help out!
      Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
      341 Meeting July 19, 2007
      Discharged September 17, 2007
      Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

Did you do your pre-discharge financial education?
        Sarah H Owosso, MI
        WE DID IT!! PRO SE
        Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
        DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Oh yes dont forget the pre discharge credit course. I would get all 3 credit reports the day after discharge and dispute by phone, mail or internet for the ones that do not show a 0 balance and do not show included in bankruptcy. It took 10 to 30 days to have all 3 credit reports for myself and husband completely fixed. If you do dispute by mail mail a copy of discharge. Other than that no need to contact any creditor unless you get a letter or phone call or a new collection on your report from a discharged debt. In that case just say included in bankruptcy and that should be that.
          Last edited by familyof7; 09-28-2007, 02:04 PM.
          Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

As I understand it, it depends on your state(?), but in Calif. once your case achieves Discharged status, ALL PREVIOUS DEBTS are discharged, even any debts you forgot to list.
            I find this strange because it seems you could conveniently "forget" to list your most problematic creditor, in this case and then they would not get a chance to object...??

Maybe a moderator can explain this...
            <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
            FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PaKettle View Post
              ...it seems you could conveniently "forget" to list your most problematic creditor, in this case and then they would not get a chance to object...??

Maybe a moderator can explain this...
              Trust me, Pa....if you deliberately left off a creditor with a legitimate reason to object (blatant fraud, for example), then all the creditor has to do is file an objection as soon as they find out they were left off explaining their reasoning to the court.

If the reason is legit, then the bk court will have a hearing on this specific debt. If the creditor proves their case, then you'll get to pay the debt. Hopefully you won't get charged with bk fraud - a federal crime - as well.
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Hmmm............ does anyone know if that rule applies to Arizona in regards to all debts getting discharge if i forgot one... I am sure I listed everyone, I just had to add four more two weeks ago. I only have 2 1/2 weeks to go and bk is over.
                Success is reachable, stretch out your arm and grab it.

Comment

Originally posted by rilbrianne View Post
                  Did you do your pre-discharge financial education?
                  Nope,
                  I did not forget any of the courses. The "make up my mind period" was from May 07 to July 07. Once I made up my mind, I found out about you guys on this forum and started posting right away. You guys are the best. It was like having a teacher right there in the room with you the whole time. I got the book NOLO and the other book "Bankruptcy for Dummies" and with this forum and those books, I knew immediately all the steps necessary to file Chapter 7 and I followed all advice given here and in those books to the letter. I used the same ONLINE service for the Part I and Part II of the Debtors Education course necessary to file Chapter 7. I took my paperwork in person each time I completed a course to the courthouse clerk to log in, stamp and I would check Pacer to see when they posted it. I documented each item and date and time in my own personal journal and I would check it against what you guys would post here and what I saw that pertained to me on Pacer. It all checked out.

Comment

DELL's an unsecured debt if the debt is with DELL Financial. Not heard from em since filing. Course my computer is 3 years old and not worth a hill of beans .

Anyway you're very very unlikely to hear from DELL.

All dischargeable debts are discharged. All non dischargeable debts are not .

Sadly in my discharge papers it doesn't list the debts, but all of mine were dischargeable. DELL never raised objection or anything.
                    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Hey,
                      This isn,t a bankruptcy question but it involves the computer I had with Dell that I filed against with their financial company.......with all the coverage cancelled during the filing of bankruptcy, if you keep the computers, does anybody know how to get some free services like online protection, virus protection, technical support websites etc

Comment

Originally posted by CoCoChanel View Post
                        Hey, This isn,t a bankruptcy question but it involves the computer I had with Dell that I filed against with their financial company.......with all the coverage cancelled during the filing of bankruptcy, if you keep the computers, does anybody know how to get some free services like online protection, virus protection, technical support websites etc
                        Try here - http://www.techsupportalert.com/best..._utilities.htm - lots of great FREE computer programs and utilities to download
                        Last edited by lrprn; 10-04-2007, 06:56 PM.
                        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Download FREE AVG antivirus software. Get protection against viruses, malware and spyware. Easy-to-use virus scanner for PC, Mac & mobile. Download TODAY.

I use AVG Free Edition for virus protection
                          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                            Trust me, Pa....if you deliberately left off a creditor with a legitimate reason to object (blatant fraud, for example), then all the creditor has to do is file an objection as soon as they find out they were left off explaining their reasoning to the court.

If the reason is legit, then the bk court will have a hearing on this specific debt. If the creditor proves their case, then you'll get to pay the debt. Hopefully you won't get charged with bk fraud - a federal crime - as well.
                            Well, we're going to make sure all debts are listed, so no problem.
                            But I just find that law in some states that says the debt is forgiven if you forget to list it or not, is sorta strange.
                            <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
                            FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Originally posted by familyof7 View Post
                              Oh yes dont forget the pre discharge credit course. I would get all 3 credit reports the day after discharge and dispute by phone, mail or internet for the ones that do not show a 0 balance and do not show included in bankruptcy. It took 10 to 30 days to have all 3 credit reports for myself and husband completely fixed. If you do dispute by mail mail a copy of discharge. Other than that no need to contact any creditor unless you get a letter or phone call or a new collection on your report from a discharged debt. In that case just say included in bankruptcy and that should be that.
                              ITS not a good idea to send the cra a copy of youre discharge if u want to get it removed.
                              Filed ch7 8/14/07
                              341 meeting 9/18/07
                              DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X