Home in spouse's name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home in spouse's name

My wife recently got a home loan without me cosigning because my credit is bad. Since the home is in her name is it a problem if I file alone? Do I have to list the home as an asset?

Hi, and Welcome to the Forum. If you can give a little more information it would be a bit more helpful.....What state do you live in?
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

If it is not a community property state then no the house is not your asset it is not in your name
      Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

I have filed alone, and our house is in my hubby's name only because my credit was awful and they refused to let me be on the loan. I was able to file just fine, but I did have to show the deed and abstract to the Lawyer, along with proof of insurance.
        Filed chapter 7 on 9-21-07 :yahoo:
        meeting of creditors 10-24-07 :unsure:
        Discharged on Dec. 28 :yahoo::clapping::D:yes2:

Comment

I live in Wyoming, which is not a community property state. Do I still have to list the home on schedule A?

Comment

Originally posted by luigi View Post
            My wife recently got a home loan without me cosigning because my credit is bad. Since the home is in her name is it a problem if I file alone? Do I have to list the home as an asset?
            You may not have signed a loan, but since you are married,
            you were required to sign papers to be on the title, I just went
            though this 2 years ago.

Comment

If you are not on the title or loan it is NOT your asset so no you do not have to list it.
              Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X