What the.........?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the.........?!

I just got a bill from Pacer for $106.64 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way in Hell I spent that much on there. I was on maybe 6 times... I probably brought up about 100 pages but this thing on the statement about "1333 Pacer-Net total web paes" .... what is that all about???

Someone clue me in here, I thought it was .08 per page. AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Just what I need, another bill. Also, I thought they would send a statement after you have accrued $10...????
    Sarah H Owosso, MI
    WE DID IT!! PRO SE
    Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
    DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

I looked up other people's posts about this and I think they messed up my statement. I looked at my statement history and there were 3 searches that showed the trustee's other cases between such and such dates. They must have charged me 3 times for the same thing.

HMMMM, I'm definitely calling on Monday. I almost never get on there and I'm being billed that much? There must be a mistake.

I filed 7/30 and the statement is up to 9/30. It can't be right!
    Sarah H Owosso, MI
    WE DID IT!! PRO SE

Comment

WOW!!! Thats crazy!! Every time I go to log out of pacer I check my balance for the month and total to make sure Im not getting close to that getting a bill mark. Mostly I just check status to see if there has been action on behalf of Mrs Trustee. Log in and double check the billing maybe.
      That just stinks!!
      WAM
      ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
      WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
      PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

Did you open any documents from other cases or your own case.

Remember, it's not simply "web-page views". If you opened up a document from another case, you get charged per page of that document, so if you opened up a petition, that can be 40-50 page views right there.

Comment

I opened up mostly my case (checking to make sure documents were scanned in, what trustee said, etc.) There were a couple times I checked to see what other cases from my trustee were going - I never looked at a specific case - just the list that shows whether it was no asset, discharged or open, etc.

I understand that may have been more pages but I made the search criteria very specific. Such as, between 2 months time... I can't remember the rest now... But you know what I mean.

My DH isn't too happy about this. This is just ridiculous.
          Sarah H Owosso, MI
          WE DID IT!! PRO SE

Comment

did you search under Report or by Query? If you searched by Report then your charges are correct and it can be quite expensive and you are charged for the number of pages each list of cases/names each search generates even if you don't open the case. You really have to be careful when using the report function!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

oh, and the 10.00 thing is they WON't send you a statement if you havent racked up at least 10 at the end of the quarter.
              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Yes, I must have forgotten that they send a statement quarterly. I was thinking all this time that after $10 was built up, they'd send a bill monthly or something.

I did use the report thing once, I think... I can't believe they can charge you for that. How can they charge you for pages you never even look at? Funny, I can file BK all by my lonesome but I can't figure out the correct way to use Pacer. Ugh.
                Sarah H Owosso, MI
                WE DID IT!! PRO SE

Comment

I just finished paying a 58.00 pacer bill
                  Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

LOL

This is EXACTLY why I caution people about the use of PACER.

Comment

My first visit, I didn't understand how to perform the search I was interested in and within an hour racked up a $24 PACER bill. I logged off and will reserve future use for after I file. I call it a lesson well learned. I will take HHM's advice and will be more careful next time.
                      Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                      341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                      Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

yeah, that amount can't be right...
                        i was checking pacer and downloading pages nearly everyday since i filed and it only came to about $30
                        None

Comment

I just paid a $74 PACER bill. Most of that was from one search where I forgot to set *one* parameter, hundreds of pages came up!!! Oh well, it was my own fault, I'm much more careful now.
                          Filed Chapter 7: 07-31-2007 :clapping:
                          341 meeting: 08-30-2007 :yahoo:
                          Last Day for Objections: 10-29-2007 :unsure:
                          Discharged & Closed: 10-30-2007 :yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Comment

Just because it's one WEB page does not mean it's ONE billable PACER page.

Pull up a listing of a Trustee's or an attny's cases. If they've administered or conducted hundreds to a thousand or more cases,.......... That one web page can be 40, 50, or more billable PACER pages.

AND,.......... I don't know how true this is, but,......... Back when I first joined the Forum, people said if you downloaded or printed anything off PACER, you were pinged double per page. 1x for looking and 1x for saving or printing.
                            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                            Discharged - 12/2006
                            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

good evening.....got my pacer bill yesterday.......from 7-01-2007 to 9-30-2007.....
                              249 pages.......$19.92......won't be using it too much no more.....I hope it is a mistake on their part......good luck with it....guzzie
                              case filed : 6 -5-2007 :blush2:
                              DISCHARGED ...9-26-2007..:yahoo::yahoo:
                              case closed : 11-13-2007 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X