How do people dress for a 341 meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do people dress for a 341 meeting?

Hello folks, thanks for all of your great and terrific help. How do people generally dress for their 341 meetings? Thanks for your help folks.

At our 341 the style of dress as varied as the people there: business, business casual, casual, ultra casual (shorts and flipflops). We went from work, so dh was in shirt and tie and I was in khakis and a shirt.

Just stay away from dripping yourself in expensive/expensive looking jewlery.
    Filed 07/07, $120k unsecured debt
    Plan: $400 (includes cram down) 60 months
    Brilliant attorney, decent trustee, awesome plan

Comment

My 341 hearing was middle of August, 2004. By 2 in the afternoon it was 109 degrees. Like myself, everyone else was in shorts and light shirts. Dress "code" depends on the weather. At least here in California.

Comment

I wore a nice pair of jeans (no holes or rips) and a button up shirt. I did not wear any jewelry (not even wedding ring). There were people dressed nicer - but most of the "filers" seemed to have a pretty casual/respectable attire.

Comment

The Trustee and the attnys were all in suits. Even the Trustee's female assistant was in a tailored business "skirt" suit.

Filers went the range of fashion. One guy was self employed. He came in all grubby. There were a couple of biker looking types there. Jeans and leather jackets.

For the most part, everyone dressed nice. Ladies in nice tops and skirts or dress pants. Guys in nice shirts and khaki's or dress slacks.

I wore a nice top and dress pants. Hubby wore a jacket, dress shirt, and a nice pair of jeans.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I wore dress slacks and a nice blouse. My attorney advised before the meeting to take off my wedding rings and watch.
            sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I'm going in with a $5000 suit.
              Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

don't forget your rolex.
                It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by ssdsco View Post
                  don't forget your rolex.
                  Hell yea.

Comment

NC73:

Please make sure to wear your diamond pinkie ring, lol
                    sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by $$only4ever View Post
                      NC73:

Please make sure to wear your diamond pinkie ring, lol
                      damn i shoulda charged that to my cc...

Comment

my shirt had F the government. Just some stares and a giggle from the security gaurds.

Comment

I have always felt that certain places/events necessitated a respectful and professional dress code. ie. church, interview, funeral, etc. so I think I'd shy away from jeans, flip flops, t-shirts and the like. just cause we're bankrupt doesn't mean we have to look like slobs!

but that is just one woman's opinion.
                          09/12/07 - filed chapter 7 10/17/07 - 341 meeting
                          12/27/07 - discharged!
                          scores at filing TU 508 EX 517 EQ 518 [ouch]
                          scores as of 8/08 - TU 567 EX 546 EQ 590

Comment

I live in FL and it was July, so the norm here is pretty casual, but "nice" casual. I wore lightweight slacks and a pullover top. NO jewelry whatsever. Sandals.
                            Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
                            341 Meeting July 19, 2007
                            Discharged September 17, 2007
                            Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

The debtors at our 341 ran the gamut from very casual (jeans and t-shirts) to suit and tie. We both were on the way to work, so we were in nice business casual clothes. Our lawyer also warned us about not wearing expensive jewelry or carrying a designer handbag (like I had those anyway...)

There was one overweight guy there in faded, tattered jeans, had "bed head" hair, wearing a wrinkled red golf-type collared shirt and old athletic shoes. Imagine hubby's and my surprise when he turned out to be one of the LAWYERS! We can be pretty casual here in the midwest....but wow!

Hubby and I still have fun trying to figure out why a bankruptcy lawyer would appear in front of the trustee looking like that. Did he oversleep? Wife threw him out of the house the night before and he slept in the car? Coming off a three-day bender?? The possibilities are endless!
                              Last edited by lrprn; 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM.
                              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X