Waiver for Chapter 7 Filing Fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiver for Chapter 7 Filing Fee

I am on permanent disability and have amassed credit card debt as I was forced to live off my credit cards due to low benefit checks. I am so broke that I can't even pay the up front deposit on a filing fee payment schedule. I have no property other than the clothes on my back. Should I just let creditors call me evey 4 minutes(average) and just continue to not answer? My machine fills up whnever I go out and I can't get personal messages. What do people like me who are too broke to pay anything do to file or do they?

Try and see if you could borrow the money from a friend or family or investigate the do it yourself services out there which are cheap as long as you have a straight bk. If you're totally broke maybe you can find a lawyer who would help you on a voluntary basis and help you get the creditors off your back

Comment

I can only tell you what I did. I saved till I got the filing fee. I used a paralegal service for the forms, but then I found forms online I could have filled out myself. I am not done yet, but really feel good it is on its way. The calls do stop. And the few who did call, I gave them the BK # and that was it. My 341 meeting is next week. I suffered for 4 years of calls, before I saved to get the fees. I feel better now, and will feel great when it is done.

Comment

Call and ask your local legal-aid office for BK intake day and there is a form that will waive the $299 BK filing. Here is the form:

Comment

WOW LilStevens, what a difference 24 hours makes! Look at you Giving advice! You should be very proud. You made some real progress today. That's some great info. Thanks for contributing to the board.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Please be careful folks about pulling up old threads. The original poster has not visited the forum in over 2 years.

However, because the advice is very helpful, I have copied the posts into a new thread so the information can be of good use.

Thanks folks.
            Last edited by BassBoy; 11-02-2007, 08:18 AM.
            Bankruptcy History:
            Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
            Discharged - 02/16/2006
            Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Thanks Cindy! I cycle through good moments of clarity and bad moments of gloom&doom...life is really like a rollercoaster and I'm ready to get off the ride and be more like the owner of the amusement park and gaining profits!

OK BassBoy, will do! In my OCD I think I went through thousands of posts in one night.
              Last edited by LilStevens; 11-02-2007, 01:13 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X