73 days still nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HHM View Post
    Something is not right, there is absolutely NO reason why a discharge would need to take 90+ days without some sort of extension being ordered by the court.

Have your done both education classes that you are required to take and filed the certificates, is there any flag on PACER regarding incomplete paperwork.
    I am still awaiting discharge at 147 days in. i called my lawyer and they called clerks office... seems they are just really backed up and they had 6 people quit.
    filed chapter 7 6-20-07 :blink:341 7-23-07, presumption of abuse :cry:7-24-07, motion to dismiss :aggress:8-24-07, notice of with drawl motion to dismiss 9-13-07:yahoo:Discharged 11-23-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Bankruptcy Rule of Procedure 4004

In "dumbdumb's" case, your delay may be related to the Motion to Dismiss, but for the OP, you are entitled to a discharge. (I suppose you may need to check your "local" rules of BK procedure in the event they have put other conditions on top of the Federal Rules), but for the most part...if it were me, I would probably file a Motion to Compel Discharge.
      Last edited by HHM; 11-15-2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldman67 View Post
        well my wife wont let me check pacer cause it costs,and yes weve done all the classes and filed all the paperwork.

You filed Pro Se, correct?...if so, YOU NEED to check PACER. You don't really need to delve deep into PACER and pull-up a bunch of pages, but you need to get the current status of your case and see what has been filed in your case recently. Doing all that should only cost you less than a dollar.

Comment

the women i spoke to today who checked it,said all it had on it was awaiting discharge and nothing else so idk.

Comment

I was told by an attorney today at central district in L>A> ca. that the absolute fastest is 90 days and more likely will take 90 days.
            Chapter 7 Filed 10/17/07
            341 mtg. 11/15/07
            Discharged 2/19/08
            Closed on 2/26/08

Comment

Originally posted by stopthebleeding View Post
              I was told by an attorney today at central district in L>A> ca. that the absolute fastest is 90 days and more likely will take 90 days.
              Let's make sure we are all on the same page....

The 60 day deadline is 60 days from the date of the 341 meeting. (if you are talking about how many days from the date of filing, then yes, that can take 90-120 days).

However, if the clerk or your attorney is saying it will take 90+ days from the 341 meeting to get your discharge, I would be a bit skeptical. At a minimum, you should look at your court's local rules of BK for an explanation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X