what I found out so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what I found out so far

341 meeting is december 18 2007 trustee will be pissed he is working around xmas .. maybe he will not be so hard on us, I will be 7 1/2 months pregnant then and will make sure I wear something that shows it.

last day for oblection is 4 days before due date of third baby.

well the car loan company HSBC will know my address soon they will most likely try to lift the stay and repo it.. Does anyone know how long after filing a company get the notice of protect and if it has my address on it? I know it has my address on it.

I will be putting my entire process on here for other filers ..

I thought I would free more freedom but today all I feel is worried if I did everything right.

I do also feel wiser and like I accomplish something.

anyways enough for now
    Last edited by aachudneymiles; 11-14-2007, 10:13 AM.
    *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
    *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
    *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
    TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Originally posted by aachudneymiles View Post
    well the car loan company HSBC will know my address soon they will most likely try to lift the stay and repo it.. Does anyone know how long after filing a company get the notice of protect and if it has my address on it? I know it has my address on it.
    I can't answer that but I can tell you it takes months for them to finally pick up a car... from my own experience anyway. I had to call HSBC several times to make them come get it. We gave it up voluntarily knowing we were going to file. Finally, out of the blue, someone called about the car and I had to think for a second who it would be... it was the repo man asking me to park it in the street w/ the keys. Took about 4 months or more.
    Sarah H Owosso, MI
    WE DID IT!! PRO SE
    Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
    DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

The good thing is you can keep checking pacer and will know when they have requested the stay to be lifted..... I would certainly call HSBC and MAKE SURE they have a copy of your filing. Fax it over to them ASAP. You don't want the repo man to pass the paper work up on the road!! Find out if they have started the repo process. If they have then you should make sure they halt it.

Congrats on filing!
      Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I am about four months behind I am sure they started the repo process but I moved.. not going to say much more before I look outside and you know the rest "knock on wood" ..

Comment

Oh, that's kind of scary. I had suspended two payments with my lender's permission and am due to pay on the 16th. My attorney said don't bother if I'm not going to keep the car. So, I'm hoping they don't try to take it anyway. I don't like hoofing it and the public trans here is sucky.
          Filed November 2 2007
          341 Meeting January 4 2008
          DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

Originally posted by BKcrazy View Post
            Oh, that's kind of scary. I had suspended two payments with my lender's permission and am due to pay on the 16th. My attorney said don't bother if I'm not going to keep the car. So, I'm hoping they don't try to take it anyway. I don't like hoofing it and the public trans here is sucky.
            lol @ hoofing it yeah this is our only car.. other was repo... did care for that one it didnt work.. but we are saving up money for a car. cash car .. excuse my french but fu*# a car note never again... ever

Comment

Ah, I think we are all ok with that type of french these days
              I'm single, and my friends don't live that close. Though to avoid paying HOA postpetition, I may vacate and live with a friend. She's got a car and her hours are the same. Though the clutch is going out on my car, and I love it, it's just a car. Yes, no more car notes here either. I see your 341 meeting is soon, I filed Nov 2, have to wait til Jan 4 for my 341.
              Filed November 2 2007
              341 Meeting January 4 2008
              DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

did you fax your paper to HSBC? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO STOP THE PROCESS. It may take a few days with regular mail. They will call off the process immediatley if you notify them by phone,fax, smoke signals...anything.....dont just wait. you might lose your car unneedingly.

Comment

Originally posted by BKcrazy View Post
                  Ah, I think we are all ok with that type of french these days
                  I'm single, and my friends don't live that close. Though to avoid paying HOA postpetition, I may vacate and live with a friend. She's got a car and her hours are the same. Though the clutch is going out on my car, and I love it, it's just a car. Yes, no more car notes here either. I see your 341 meeting is soon, I filed Nov 2, have to wait til Jan 4 for my 341.
                  guess your district was busy ... but your last day for obections should be before mines.

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                    did you fax your paper to HSBC? THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO STOP THE PROCESS. It may take a few days with regular mail. They will call off the process immediatley if you notify them by phone,fax, smoke signals...anything.....dont just wait. you might lose your car unneedingly.
                    lol smoke signals .. lol I am doing it right now..

Comment

ok just call hsbc and they are notifed electronicly .. and knew already that we file chapter 7 lady was real nice and said car was out for repo but they closed that out ... thnx guys

Comment

Great! That's wonderful news. Doesn't it feel good to have the power over you finances! You should be very proud for taking control and getting this done. Glad you didn't have to resort to the smoke signals. I was also going to suggest messenger pigeons if you hadn't called them yet...lol... Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
                          Great! That's wonderful news. Doesn't it feel good to have the power over you finances! You should be very proud for taking control and getting this done. Glad you didn't have to resort to the smoke signals. I was also going to suggest messenger pigeons if you hadn't called them yet...lol... Great job.
                          lol lol ... you are sooo funny ... but thnx for the support. I feel alot better not jumping up every 5 mins to look and see if car is still there.

this company conns i got a washing machine, dryer and a computer from called my mommy today while I was on the phone with her and my mom wasnt going to answer I said " answer it" of course mommy has been hang up on them and being mean to them-since day one they start calling- they got smart with her..so i called back and said dont call my mother house, my sister in law or me this case was include in bankrupcty .. well the dumb botch hang up ... not another word lol .. I was like " mommy did she hang up on me" my mom says yes honey .. lol so i call back and person who is suppose to be a manager doesnt know his own ext. and his name is mr garcia.. what a joke.. anyways... told him .. his respond oh I didnt know you could file pro se.. said yep next question .. what a day I have another creditor confrontation tomorrow it will be the apt i use to live in that claims we will end up owning them 6k .. for breaking the lease a 303 water bill and carpet cleaning.. heee hee will see

Comment

my car loan is (was) also with HSBC. they sold it to a company called Ascension almost immediately after I filed. they sent a couple threatening emails to my attorney and refused to negotiate the re-affirmation agreement for less than the exact same terms. I finally realized it wasn't worth my while to go into my "fresh start" after bk with a car I was so upside down in so I secured financing to purchase something else. my attorney informed Ascension of my decision to surrender almost two weeks ago and faxed the signed paperwork to them multiple times.

still, here the car sits.

I bought a new car one week ago today and I wish the old one would disappear like NOW. I don't need people asking questions!

anyway, I guess my point is sometimes these companies threaten a big game but when it comes down to it they're full of BS. the truth of the matter is now they have to sell my car for $5k less than what it's worth and go tell their investors how tough they are and that they really stick it to people who file bankruptcy.

HA.
                            09/12/07 - filed chapter 7 10/17/07 - 341 meeting
                            12/27/07 - discharged!
                            scores at filing TU 508 EX 517 EQ 518 [ouch]
                            scores as of 8/08 - TU 567 EX 546 EQ 590

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X