top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just about to File BK7. Should I inform my creditors IMMED after I file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about to File BK7. Should I inform my creditors IMMED after I file?

We are about to file a CH7. Once we file do our creditiors find out immed?

I guess what I am asking IS THERE ANY TIME LAPSE between the time we actually file a BK and the time the creditors KNOW of our BK?

Would it be in our interest to send out letters to each and every creditor immed after we file (with a cese #)?? Or at least call them?

(we also have a pending lawsuit from CC company and are worried about wage garnishment)

Once we file should I tell my employer that I have filed?
    What dept would I go to?

thanks, techno

We filed pro se and our creditors were automatically mailed a notice. The calls totall stopped within about 5 days of filing. We did not send anything ourselves. If you sent something out, it probably wouldn't get there much quicker than when the court sends it. If they are calling alot, you can give them your case number over the phone and that should stop the calls. (at least it did for us).
    You might want to call the cc that has the garnishment issue to nip that in the bud.

I see no reason to tell your employer you filed, unless it has something to do with payroll and garnishment? I am not an expert on this one, so I may not know something.

Comment

Dont Bother

Would it be in our interest to send out letters to each and every creditor immed after we file (with a cese #)?? Or at least call them?

Unless they call you I wouldn't waste pen-paper-stamp. You'll be surprised how quickly things fall into place once you file. Looking over my Bk file, most of the creditors were notified via email from the Clerk. Also no need to tell your employer, if a garnishment is to be in place, the company will be notified for sure - put the sail up and let it ride.

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I filed Pro Se, and had a family member as a creditor. Filed last Friday, and their notice arrived Wednesday. I called my auto loan company with the info just to ensure they didn't have bad timing and do a repo in the interim time. Other than that, knowing my family member got the letter, I know everyone is notified.
        CH 7 File Date 11/09/2007
        Discharged 2/22/2008
        Closed 2/25/2008

Comment

Thanks for all the responses!

Are you giving up the car? Or did you just want to notify them so that they dont come and take it? ARe you up to date on payments?

I heard you have to do a thing called "reaffirmation" (got the spelling wrong) ....

thanks, techno

Originally posted by oldbaddebts View Post
          I filed Pro Se, and had a family member as a creditor. Filed last Friday, and their notice arrived Wednesday. I called my auto loan company with the info just to ensure they didn't have bad timing and do a repo in the interim time. Other than that, knowing my family member got the letter, I know everyone is notified.

Comment

If there is a specific creditor you are worried about due to a garnishment, repo, etc. I would certainly call with a case number ASAP just be safe!!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X