Hey, we finally filed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, we finally filed!

Our attorney kept delaying our filing, even though I paid him about 2 months ago, and wanted to get it done asap.

Back in October when I wanted to file, he said that the three under-$7k loans I took out way back at the end of last year COULD present a problem, so he wanted to wait and file in December. He admitted he was being ultra-conservative, and I said okay to waiting a bit - but NOT until December.

So he filed it for us 2 days ago. I especially did not want to wait any longer because my income COULD increase 20% within the next month or two. My work changes seasonally sometimes and it could increase at any time, I just don't know if it will or not this year.

So, anyway, our 341 is on the 10th and already I'm nervous, but I'm going to try to put it out of my mind at least until around the
    8th, then maybe I'll think about how to answer any odd questions that might come up at the meeting.

Having read this board I am MORE concerned about the 60 days following the meeting, than the meeting itself.

One thing our attorney said was that our debt of $99k is just under the $100k mark and at the $100k mark it gets put on the Trustee's desk for auditing. I really HOPE the Trustee doesn't go, "Well, this is close enough to $100k, I'd better take a look". What sucks is that when I stopped paying my debts a few months ago our total was "only" around $92k, but in the past 3 months, the creditors have added around $7k of INTEREST AND PENALTIES, causing it to go up to $99k! If we'd waited that other month, as our attorney wanted to, it would have been over $100k for sure! So I'm glad we didn't wait any more.

Anyway, I'm glad we finally filed because the sooner we get through the 341, the sooner the 60 days will pass, and the sooner I can put this all behind me!

Thanks to everyone on this board who has helped me understand the process and know what potential problems there may be, you've all been very helpful!
    <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
    FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

congrats on filing!

wow, 7k tacked on in only 3 months! I guess they write this off?

i thought you had said in another post that you took out cash advance totalling 10k last year and only made 2 payments. didn't they tack on more interest on those accounts?

good luck at your 341 - I'm sure everything will be smooth sailing.

Dana
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Congrats on finally making it to the filing finish line, PaKettle! Now it's get through your 341 and the next 60 days after that - you're on your way!
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Best of Luck to you an a FRESH START !