top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are LOANS from family/ friends DISCHARGED in chapter7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are LOANS from family/ friends DISCHARGED in chapter7?

!
    Last edited by theEYE; 12-01-2007, 11:01 PM.

Yes they are. But you can choose to repay them after the BK if you want to or you don't have to....its up to you.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I included my mom, so she can claim that as a capital loss on her taxes I believe. That was why I included her, she said forget paying me, just include me.
      Filed November 2 2007
      341 Meeting January 4 2008
      DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

if it is from a friend, ca they become not your friend and sue you later on after chap. 7?

Comment

Sue you?! Well if it comes down to that I don't think they will win in court, afterall you filed Bk and you have the discharge papers and you listed them than you can use that as proof, and they may not win the suit?!!! Correct me if I'm wrong. That's like a creditor trying to pursue after the fact, than what good is Bk, you know???

Catchmeifyoucan
          July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
          Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
          Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
          Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

And look at it this way, you can try to pay this friend on your own after your BK is done. But, a real friend would be understanding and stay your friend.
            Filed November 2 2007
            341 Meeting January 4 2008
            DISCHARGED March 11 2008

Comment

Originally posted by theEYE View Post
              if it is from a friend, ca they become not your friend and sue you later on after chap. 7?
              They might not wanna be your friend afterward. It happens. It's a risk you'll run including folks personally close to you.

Can they sue you?? Well they can try,........... BUT,..........

Debts Discharged in BK fall under a Permanent Injunction. Creditors included in BK are never supposed to contact you regarding the debt again. Ever. So if they do sue you, they will be violating Federal Law.
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X