top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Question: Do dental bills count....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Question: Do dental bills count....

Do dental bills count as medical expenses towards the means test?

thanks!

Um, I'm not sure, but let me put it this way: I've never seen anything anywhere that would indicate they *aren't*, and I've been doing a lot of studying. If it were me, I would include them; it's not like including them would be fraudulent in the way that including, say, hair extensions or a Brazilian wax job as a medical expense might be.

If you're asking because you're filing pro se, that might be a question you'd ask an attorney on a free consultation. It's not like you have to tell him you're only there for the freebie.

Has anyone else here ever had a problem with including dental expenses on the means test? I'd be interested in knowing.
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

If the expenses are recurring (i.e. payments to orthodontist for braces, etc), yes, they can be counted toward medical.

It really depends on the nature of the expense.

Comment

I would think something in the way of gum disease that requires long term treatment or maybe implants.....If you have a treatment plan from your Dentist is would be helpful to your lawyer to state your case.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X