Recovery Mgmt Systems requests Special Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery Mgmt Systems requests Special Notice

Well everything was looking like a no-brainer on my Ch7.... until I found this in my PACER account today.

Request for Special Notice
    Filed: 01/03/2008
    Entered: 01/03/2008
    Entered By: Ramesh Singh
    Event Name(s): Request for Special Notice
    Full Docket Text for Document 9:
    Request for Special Notice Recovery Management Systems Corporation, 25 S.E. 2nd Avenue, Suite 1120, Miami, FL 33131-1605 filed by Recovery Management Systems Corporation

Does anyone know what the heck this means? I don't have any debts that went into collection. Everything was current and in good standing up until the day of my filing. This company appears to take on cases for credit card companies to recover assets:

I am a no-asset case.

Anyone?
    10/25/2007 Aha! moment
    11/19/2007 Filed Ch.7
    12/19/2007 341 hearing
    02/17/2008 Deadline for objections! tick tick tick ...

this guy is pretty popular around here today

Comment

Thanks! Good ol' Ramesh huh?

Sounds like a fishing expedition.
      10/25/2007 Aha! moment
      11/19/2007 Filed Ch.7
      12/19/2007 341 hearing
      02/17/2008 Deadline for objections! tick tick tick ...

Comment

I noticed on pacer on my case yesterday that this same company is also requested notices on my case. I didn't owe them anything, but it appears that GE Money Bank which was a Chase Credit Card must have sold this debt to them. I was current (never late) on this card as well. In reading the post, it appears that creditors sell off debt to these collection agencies at filing time. I pulled my report and Chase does appear at a ) balance, but this new collection company does not appear on my credit. They have been listed as a new creditor in my bk.

Comment

I got this too. I meant to look at my papers and see if I could place it, but it had slipped my mind. I don't know what account it's for, but from what I can tell, they're looking for info about my BK to be redirected to this specific address?
          LifeNLemons In Nevada and Broke
          Filed Pro Se: 12.03.07 341 Meeting: 01.10.08 Last Day for Objections: 3.11.08
          Switched back to No Asset - Here we go!! Discharged: 3.12.08

Comment

When a creditor requests notices, it just means they want to be notified about any changes in your case. Nothing to worry about.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
              When a creditor requests notices, it just means they want to be notified about any changes in your case. Nothing to worry about.
              You're probably right. But it just seems fishy to me that all of a sudden we're all getting these filed. I'm wondering if this Recovery Mgmt Systems is going to end up being one of those companies that try to get people whose debts were discharged in bankruptcy to still pay them something by harrassing them. Plus, I find it fishy that this seems to have occurred all around the same time for all of us.

Something just doesn't seem right. Can a person object to someone getting notice who doesn't appear to have any connection to a case???

FWIW, here is the link to Recovery Management Systems.
              Last edited by RickInMich; 01-05-2008, 11:03 AM.
              11/29/2007 - Filed Ch 7
              01/08/2008 - 341 Hearing
              03/12/2008 - Discharged
              03/21/2008 - Closed

Comment

I'm waiting to see if they show up on our case as well, since I know we have GEMB accounts listed.

I respect the right to have a creditor receive notice of what is happening in a bankruptcy but something really does seem off here....
                Filed CH 7...12/27/2007
                341.............2/5/2008
                60 days.......4/5/2008
                Discharged...5/12/2008 Closed.........6/4/2008

Comment

Sure enough. Notice went in Friday the 5th, Appeared today on our docket...
                  Filed CH 7...12/27/2007
                  341.............2/5/2008
                  60 days.......4/5/2008

Comment

Originally posted by RickInMich View Post
                    You're probably right. But it just seems fishy to me that all of a sudden we're all getting these filed. I'm wondering if this Recovery Mgmt Systems is going to end up being one of those companies that try to get people whose debts were discharged in bankruptcy to still pay them something by harrassing them.
                    That may very well be so. It's good that you noticed this right now because if they DO try to collect, you can get them on violation of the bankrupcty stay and discharged of that debt.
                    Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                    Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                    Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                    11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

I think they want to receive notices in case the bankruptcy gets dismissed. Then they'll know they can safely resume collection efforts.

Comment

Completely random but I went to PACER and searched for Recovery Management Services as a party in bankruptcy cases filed from November 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007. It came up with 22,007 cases they asked to be notified on!

He must have a database crawler set up to auto search every day for his clients....
                        Filed CH 7...12/27/2007
                        341.............2/5/2008
                        60 days.......4/5/2008

Comment

Well, I may possibly have a little more info on this. As I stated, we did not owe GEMB any money. But in looking at my credit report, I see our JCPenney Mastercard is a GEMB/JCPenney card. Now, we have not used that card in over 18 months. But through my TrueCredit credit watch, I see they closed the account last week. So I think in our case that's how or why GEMB got involved. But still, it's weird since we didn't owe on that card.
                          11/29/2007 - Filed Ch 7
                          01/08/2008 - 341 Hearing
                          03/12/2008 - Discharged
                          03/21/2008 - Closed

Comment

Yes, I got Ramesh Singh on mine too. Same deal as all of you guys. I also was never late. Have PayPal Credit Card, JCP and Shopnbc. He only filed notice for the PP. Weird. He better not try to collect on my discharged accounts or I'll see him in court. My deadline for the 60 days was Wednesday. If anyone filed anything, would I see it on PACER or do they run behind a bit? There are no filings after 08/02/10. Do the creditors have a deadline to speak now or forever hold their peace? If so, is that the 60 days. I've got a call into my atty, but he's busy & I want to know NOW & I know you guys will know this - lol - thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X