Bk 7 & Foreclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bk 7 & Foreclosure

DD has filed BK7 but hoped to keep her house. Bank has requested that court lift the stay so they can foreclose. I'm sorry I checked PACER and found this out, I'm just sick over it. My question is if the stay is lifted by the court and bank forecloses, how long before she has to move out of the house? She'll need help moving and we live on the west coast and she lives in the mid-south so I'm trying to anticipate the timing on this. I'm also wondering how she's going to rent an apt with her credit. I'm thinking we'll have to rent it for her (our credit is good, atleast for the time being)?

Depends on if she is in a judical or, non judical foreclosure state. Her attorney can likely answer that question.

Comment

to keep the house, i think it is chapter 13, not 7. 7 is to give all up... which thats what i did to mine. i let banks foreclose because im done... so done.
      for housing, find something on craigslist... dont have to have good credit, as home owners are seeking to rent out to keep this mortgage pressure anyways-

Comment

Originally posted by jrsmom View Post
        DD has filed BK7 but hoped to keep her house. Bank has requested that court lift the stay so they can foreclose. I'm sorry I checked PACER and found this out, I'm just sick over it. My question is if the stay is lifted by the court and bank forecloses, how long before she has to move out of the house? She'll need help moving and we live on the west coast and she lives in the mid-south so I'm trying to anticipate the timing on this. I'm also wondering how she's going to rent an apt with her credit. I'm thinking we'll have to rent it for her (our credit is good, atleast for the time being)?

I know you mean well, but maybe your daughter didn't tell you for a reason. Maybe she already has a plan....(you said you found out on pacer)..

And if she was wanting to keep the house then should would have kept current on the payments or she can't keep it in a chpt.7.

Have you talked to your daughter about this yet? Does she know you found out from pacer?
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X