top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever BK'd Sears and lived to tell about it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PaKettle
    replied
    Unless you only made a payment or two and your use of it was relatively recent (past 3 months) I really doubt they will object.

    Leave a comment:


  • Penny Less
    replied
    I owe about $3200 on a gold mastercard so I'm a little worried too.

    Leave a comment:


  • MomIcantFindmy
    replied
    Originally posted by JollyGG View Post
    We bought a washer and dryer about a year before our bk. It was one of those "no interest, no payments" for a year things. We actually hadn't even make more than one or mabey two payments on it and totally expected them to object. We never heard a peep out of them.
    I too have this same experience. I am worried slightly about this. I only made two payments.

    Leave a comment:


  • MaxedOut
    replied
    Sears showed at my Mother inlaws 341 they had the nerve to ask her if she would like another Sears card.

    They did not object

    Leave a comment:


  • Cassiopeia
    replied
    I BK'd a regular Sears card and a Sears Gold MasterCard. That one was pretty high, IIRC, $5,000-$7,000?...I forget right now. The regular Sears card might have been about $1500. No objections. Both discharged.

    Leave a comment:


  • Minnymouth
    replied
    Sears and most creditors will NOT object.....unless they are sure they can show abuse, etc.......

    It's a waste of their time and legal fees...... its easier to write it off....

    Leave a comment:


  • JollyGG
    replied
    We bought a washer and dryer about a year before our bk. It was one of those "no interest, no payments" for a year things. We actually hadn't even make more than one or mabey two payments on it and totally expected them to object. We never heard a peep out of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • BKcrazy
    replied
    I have them in mine for about $1400 or so. I had a Sears gold MC and was a long time customer. I only had a $30 min payment, attorney told me not to pay, and then they cut my limit from about $15k to $1500. Well, I was one month late. Soooo, attorney chuckled and said, well, it's ok, it's all included in the BK. They didn't show up to my 341. I didn't have anything on the charges from Sears itself, so maybe they won't object.

    Leave a comment:


  • FLBK7
    replied
    Originally posted by butterflywings View Post
    lol

    What I mean is did Sears object to your BK? I read on here someone say that Sears objected to their $1100 balance and I thought that was a pretty puny amount to object to.

    I heard Sears used to object and even appear at 341's but that was a long time ago and they stopped doing that. So for everyone who's filed on Sears, did you come out unscathed?
    I filed in early 2004 and owed Sears about $1900. Their representative was the only creditor that showed up at my 341. He offered to reduce my balance to $500 at zero interest while having a &750 credit limit. So basically I reaffirmed that debt. I paid off the $500 in 7 months and immediately afterwards they upped my credit limit to $2K. I haven't used the card at all since. Sears reports to the CRAs as if I had always had perfect credit, so I guess reaffirming that $500 was a good idea.

    But this was 4 years ago. I understand that these days Sears no longer shows up at 341 meetings.

    Leave a comment:


  • sandhall
    replied
    I was discharged in 12-07. I had been a long time customer since 1988. My card had been used within 9 months of filing

    Leave a comment:


  • Flamingo
    replied
    Originally posted by butterflywings View Post
    lol

    What I mean is did Sears object to your BK? I read on here someone say that Sears objected to their $1100 balance and I thought that was a pretty puny amount to object to.

    I heard Sears used to object and even appear at 341's but that was a long time ago and they stopped doing that. So for everyone who's filed on Sears, did you come out unscathed?
    We filed in 2002 and included Sears, and Sears did not do a thing. We were long time customers of them for many, many years, opening credit with them back in the 1970s and always paying on time. Sears is having extreme financial difficulty now so they may be more forceful in attendance at meetings or if they are ready to go under themselves it could be the opposite and no one show up.

    Leave a comment:


  • butterflywings
    replied
    Originally posted by sandhall View Post
    i BK'd $2200 from sears no one showed at hearing
    How long ago did you file and how long had you not used the card before filing BK? Thanks for answering!

    Leave a comment:


  • sandhall
    replied
    i BK'd $2200 from sears no one showed at hearing

    Leave a comment:


  • butterflywings
    replied
    Originally posted by gophermn View Post
    Interesting - I filed Sears so I guess we will have an answer for you in about 3 weeks at my 341 hearing. I do know Sears CC was purchased by CitiCorp so maybe that is why they are not doing it as much?.?.
    Actually, credit card companies love to object during the 60 day period following the 341 so you may not find an answer in 3 weeks. I am Bk'g them $760, and am wondering if they objected to $1100, they may object to $700.

    I think your reasoning on why they aren't doing it as much is right on.

    edited for typo
    Last edited by butterflywings; 02-03-2008, 01:22 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • gophermn
    replied
    Interesting - I filed Sears so I guess we will have an answer for you in about 3 weeks at my 341 hearing. I do know Sears CC was purchased by CitiCorp so maybe that is why they are not doing it as much?.?.

    Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X