Still have an active CC, I think...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still have an active CC, I think...

When we filed, we decided to first pay off a CC through our CU. It was the only cc we paid off to stay in good standings with the CU so they wouldn't close our accounts. We also have a car loan that we reaffirmed.

My question is...we are due to be discharged on the 21st and wondering if we could still use our cc after the discharge? We never received notice that the CU was going to close the Visa even though they were informed of our BK and are included in our filing. What would you guys do? We are thinking of using it (for a tank of gas) and paying it off, in full, to start raising our FICO score. Would this be an option?

No, we are not going to start using it like we did before. We've learned our lesson well! It's just a thought that came to us after our lawyer suggested we get 3 secured cc's after discharge for the purpose of rebuilding our credit.
    CHAPTER 7 FILED: 1/18/2008: 341: 2/19/2008
    DECLARED NO ASSESTS: 2/20/2008
    OBJECTION TO DISCHARGE DUE: 4/21/2008
    DISCHARDGED & TERMINATED:4/22/2008

You can still use it. My wife also has a cc through our credit union and we didn't include it in the bankruptcy. It's a small limit amount and she doesn't use it much at all.

DB
    Chapter 7 filed 3/31/08
    341 5/12/08
    Last day for objection 7/11/08
    AUTOMATIC ORDER DISCHARGING DEBTOR 7/15/08 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

You could obtain your free annual credit reports and see how they are reporting (open or closed). If they are reporting open, try to use it somewhere for a small purchase and see what happens. (I'd wait until after discharge).

Keep in mind that they don't necessarily notify you if the account is closed. I didn't receive ANY notice that my accounts were closed (even though I know that they were). Also, just because you didn't BK on that account, doesn't mean they didn't close it. They are aware of your BK, so they may have closed it as a result.
      You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

I would use it for something small just to 'test it out' and see what is going to happen with it. There is a chance they will still close it or possibly lower the limit due to the bk....you will soon find out.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X