Help......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help......

So my attorey sent me all the forms today to review and sign. Im talking to my mom and sis about it. My sister is currently deployed over seas and prior to her leaving two years ago she opened a Bank of america account(apparently their over seas accounts) and added me to it in case something happened. I had forgot completely about this as I dont have a card or anything on the account. Then my mom says do you have to disclose if your someones beneficiary, i said I dont think so. My mom is completely healthy but does have a savings account where apparently she made me like i said the beneficary. They only thing that worries me is she said the statements come in her name and mine, isnt that odd. Im totally freaking out can someone add your name to their account with out your consent? If my name is on their im screwed right? I mean I dont have any access to that account and she said so but why would ny name come on the statements? Uggh i think im going to be sick
    04/25/08 Filed chap 7
    05/23/08 phone conference with trustee
    05/30/08 341 set
    07/29/08 Last day for objections

Are you the beneficiary or a on the account as a co-owner?

If you are the beneficiary, can't she just change that at any time? If you are a co-owner of the account that if a different story, but you would have had to have applied for that account yourself. Something is not adding up here.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I agree she said she only listed me as a beneficiary. I never step foot into the bank and had no clue until yesterday. She said she will call the bank today to make sure, ill update later.

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
      Are you the beneficiary or a on the account as a co-owner?

If you are the beneficiary, can't she just change that at any time? If you are a co-owner of the account that if a different story, but you would have had to have applied for that account yourself. Something is not adding up here.
      04/25/08 Filed chap 7
      05/30/08 341 set

Comment

let your attorney know so he can adjust your paperwork. It shouldn't be an issue as you have no access to the monies.

Comment

Ok apparently im just listed as an "intrust" so its not even to be listed on the bankruptcy that im aware of, and i notified the attorney of the account with my sister. This whole thing is stresfull.
          04/25/08 Filed chap 7
          05/30/08 341 set

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X