top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take credit reporting agencies after Discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take credit reporting agencies after Discharge?

Just curious as to how long I should wait after being discharged to get a copy of my records.

Actually, you should have pulled your reports BEFORE you filed. If you haven't seen them in a while it's a good idea to see if there's anything you forgot, or something from years ago that may be on one report but not the others. It happened to me and cost me to amend my petition.

No reason to wait til discharge. A week after you file you should start seeing IIB attached to your listed debts. Might as well start checking your reports for accuracy now.

Comment

Originally posted by twuoo View Post
      Just curious as to how long I should wait after being discharged to get a copy of my records.
      I would wait about a month. The credit agencies have a 30-day window to make changes - that way you'll know all the changes that are going to made have been made and not waste your time disputing things that may not be necessary.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I would agree - wait the 30 days. I signed up for myfico.com scorewatch - free trial for 30 days - you could do that. With that I found that my BK showed up almost immediately on the equifax report. It dropped my score 5 points.

Then I signed up later on for Truecredit.com free trial and it showed nothing at all - no public records, no late payments, no nothing! But then today it showed 5 delinquent accounts IIB. That is thru TransUnion and people say they tend to be slower.

I have not seen my Experian one yet. Try the free trials and see how that goes. I decided to try one at a time to kind of extend my free stuff longer.
        Filed C7: 3/21/08
        341 Meeting: 4/23/08
        Objections to discharge due: 6/23/08
        Discharged 6/30/08

Comment

I started calling creditors the day I discharged. I gave them the number for the case. I asked them to mark their accounts as zero balance and in ch 7. Then I pulled my reports with truecredit and disputed everything. By the time that they (the cra) tried to validate, most of this stuff was out of the collection agency's computers and were immediately deleted. I think it makes the process go much quicker. If you have no objections to your case at 341 I would start then! The only problems we have had is a mortgage company that doesn't exist anymore being verified (!??!) and Sallie Mae (who said deferred loans were late (what?!?!). So I would start very early. It takes a while. ;-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X